Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Lori Bowden News....
Quote | Reply
Seems that Lori won't be racing that much this year:

http://www.triathletemag.com/...D=92&pageID=1705

Lori Bowden pregnant
By Cameron Elford

March 8, 2005 -- PCH Sports is pleased to publicize the following announcement by two-time Ironman Triathlon World Champion, Lori Bowden:

“Great news, I am pleased to announce that I have a new personal challenge to add to my training and racing, that of becoming a mother. My boyfriend and I are looking forward to the September event with great anticipation.

My goal is to keep as fit as possible and do as much training as I can over the next few months, including some fun running races and triathlon relays. I hope to have time also to do some work with my sponsors and appear at some of the big triathlon events.

There is a theory is that pregnancy makes a woman stronger. I hope to be able to prove this true and am eager to get back to racing early in 2006. I am confident that I have the support system in place to allow me to be great mom and a Kona challenger.”

Joe Dixon
Race Director
Westwood Lake, Oliver Half & Aquabike,
"Wine Capital of Canada" Tri, Elk Lake and Cultus Lake Triathlons
http://www.dynamicraceevents.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lori Bowden News.... [Ironboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Qui et l'homme?
Quote Reply
Re: Lori Bowden News.... [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Qui et l'homme?[/reply]
Keith Simmons of Ironman Wetsuits
Quote Reply
Re: Lori Bowden News.... [the metazoan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know him but I hate him already! ;-)

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lori Bowden News.... [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What?! You mean you're not the father?
Quote Reply
Re: Lori Bowden News.... [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would be the MAN of her life if she only knew me... ;-)

-

Last edited by: smartasscoach: Mar 9, 05 5:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I would be the woman of her life if she only knew me... ;-)

rofl you better check that sentence again =p

unless you are hiding something from us?
Quote Reply
Re: Lori Bowden News.... [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!

-

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess this is probably a question that shows my age, but does any get married anymore before they make babies?

Oops, banished to the Lavender room.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oh man that sentence...talk about ambiguous!!! :-)
thanks for the laugh!
Quote Reply
Re: Lori Bowden News.... [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, Art I did think something along the lines of "not the sort of thing one would expect to be the subject of the press release". Does this mean the divorce with Peter is complete (degree nici)?

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Lori Bowden News.... [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Julian, take a note for future reference. The year is 2005. Why would her marriage to Peter be an issue?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Considering the other alternatives that she has in this situation, having the baby with her boyfriend is not the worst choice she could have made even though it is not the ideal choice.
Quote Reply
Re: Lori Bowden News.... [CTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I don't follow the Bowden/Reid saga. What alternatives are you referring to? It seems like two or three years ago that they were getting divorced. It sounds like plenty of time to divorce and remarry.

I am sure there is plenty I don't know, mostly because I don't really care. I was just commenting. I will try to mind my own business next time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed.

under-trained and over-tapered. . . .yet still hopeful . . . does that make me an optimist or a masochist?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Casey [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" Considering the other alternatives"

What other alternatives? What am I missing?

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Art, these days it works like this in the following order :

1. Have baby

2. Get married (or not?)..or at least move in together

3. Go to university (and miss out on all the party action cause you are a parent...)
Quote Reply
Re: Lori Bowden News.... [Ironboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She's a grown woman who is having a child with her grown boyfriend. Stop trying to push your neo-Christian, ultra conservative morality on the rest of the world. In case you havent noticed not everyone shares your beliefs.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
art, you're a riot. the boyfriend work caught my eye too...lol. maybe unplanned, but good things come as surprises.
Quote Reply
Re: Lori Bowden News.... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not to get too lavendared away on this thread, but i think there needs to be a look at substance over form about lori's single pregnancy. she seems like a really nice person, a great ambassador for the sport, and should make for an awesome parent. meanwhile, there are lots of married couples all over the world who treat their kids like shit. why not focus on hoping for the best for lori bowden in coming back in full force in 2006?
Quote Reply
Re: Lori Bowden News.... [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
probably choosing abortion...not having the baby. it is a choice and an alternative...some consider to be a much worse option than having a baby out of wedlock.
Quote Reply
Re: Lori Bowden News.... [RSum716] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, since when does marriage equal good parenting? In a perfect world, children would be born to the perfect parents. Good parents come in many shapes and sizes. Yes, it certainly does help in raising a child to have "back up", but that "back up" comes in many forms beyond married spouse--grandparents, romantic partners, next-door-neighbors, nannies, committed babysitters, aunts, uncles, etc.

-DMG

Mother of one...and married, but that doesn't matter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

Lots of people get married before having babies. Some of them make great parents, some horrible, just as some unmarried people make great parents and some horrible parents.

Styrrell
Quote Reply

Prev Next