Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Loose Stool before races...
Quote | Reply
Is it only me or do you all notice the same thing.. When I use the porta-potty in T1, I noticed some nasty loose stool in the can.. Sometimes it looks like a bomb went off there.. Not very much solid stools, all loose.. Must be part of a pre-swim thing huh.

NASTY!
Quote Reply
Re: Loose Stool before races... [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WTF are you doing looking that closely at what's down there.

I avoid the porta pottys like the plague. Probably because the plague is in there somewhere.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Loose Stool before races... [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
WTF are you doing looking that closely at what's down there.

I avoid the porta pottys like the plague. Probably because the plague is in there somewhere.

Right? Who the f looks in????

I'll cop to a bit of apparent lack of fiber in the diet, chalk it up to pre race nerves. And pro tip, always find a Starbucks or McDonald's or gas station and spend your time on a real toilet with real paper and nice Muzak. Not a bacteria and e Coli infested plastic box!
Quote Reply
Re: Loose Stool before races... [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Better in their than in the water.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
125mph wrote:
Is it only me or do you all notice the same thing..

It's only you. I never look in, but I do try to poo about four times pre-race, as opposed to once in the morning every other day.
Quote Reply
Re: Loose Stool before races... [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billyk24 wrote:
Better in their than in the water.

I may or may not be guilty of that.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
125mph wrote:
Is it only me or do you all notice the same thing.. When I use the porta-potty in T1, I noticed some nasty loose stool in the can.. Sometimes it looks like a bomb went off there.. Not very much solid stools, all loose.. Must be part of a pre-swim thing huh.

NASTY!

Nerves and coffee equals rapid GI transit for most!!! Good to get the GI tract cleaned out BEFORE the race begins so there is no stopping!

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
125mph wrote:

NASTY!

Sorry about that.
Quote Reply
Re: Loose Stool before races... [boilerup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boilerup wrote:
125mph wrote:

NASTY!

Nerves and coffee equals rapid GI transit for most!!! Good to get the GI tract cleaned out BEFORE the race begins so there is no stopping!

+1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
125mph wrote:

NASTY!

I try not to look but sometimes I catch a glimpse. I'm more grossed out by the people who go in barefoot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are some things it's best not to know

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Loose Stool before races... [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattr wrote:
125mph wrote:

NASTY!

I try not to look but sometimes I catch a glimpse. I'm more grossed out by the people who go in barefoot.

What's the big deal? You are going to go swim soon anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: Loose Stool before races... [jpk_phx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Every other day? Was that supposed to be in pink?

It's easy to make excuses, but excuses don't make champions.
Quote Reply
Re: Loose Stool before races... [DunnRight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Every other day of the week (i.e. non race days).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Most people go overboard on carbs before races. That's what causes it. Eat normal, shit normal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just the nervous stomach.... Like turning on tap water, it just flows....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Paging Lionel Sanders. Dude ran the last 5 miles of IMAZ with a full diaper.

I take about 3 craps before each race.
Quote Reply
Re: Loose Stool before races... [znerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
znerd wrote:
Paging Lionel Sanders. Dude ran the last 5 miles of IMAZ with a full diaper.

I take about 3 craps before each race.

You serious? I guess thats the price you pay to win!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perhaps it's time to review the necessity of attending all those horrible pasta parties and other "carb loading" events night before the race?

In all seriousness though, I am surprised that some people are spending so much time and effort on the training, yet completely disregard the pre-race nutrition and pooping schedule. It's pretty straight forward: start fading out fiber, slightly increase carbs intake. Start paying attention to your stool at home days coming into the race and avoid having to look into porta potty 20 minutes before the actual big race.
Quote Reply
Re: Loose Stool before races... [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
Most people go overboard on carbs before races. That's what causes it. Eat normal, shit normal.

Loose stools *are* my normal.

Stupid IBS...
Quote Reply