Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for an expert fitter in my area
Quote | Reply
Maybe an odd question, but where can I find someone in my area who is really knowledgeable about fit? I am looking to purchase a tri frame for this coming season, but most shops seem to know ROAD fit, and just enough to be dangerous about tri bikes. (Actually, a lot of shops are the same on road fit, too!)
If the fit is the most important thing, how do I find someone who really knows what they're doing?
I live in San Antonio, Tx, and would appreciate any help, links, whatever you can provide.
Many thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for an expert fitter in my area [biknfool] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"but most shops seem to know ROAD fit, and just enough to be dangerous about tri bikes."

Can't help you with San Antonio area but what you say is so true. We know a guy who unfortunately knows very little about bikes. He bought a secondhand Cervelo P2K and then took it to a high end roadie shop for a professional fitting. He brought it back with drop bars, STI and seat slammed right back to the 74 degree angle.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for an expert fitter in my area [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, he still probably did better with him than most of the "fitters" out there in far too many shops. I've known guys who were sold bikes supposedly fitted for them that were obviously wayyyyyyyy too small for them - the only "fit" was that it fit the shop's desire to clear that bike out.
Still, you get the point. Someone who knows their stuff on fitting road bikes is hard enough - finding someone who can do it on tri bikes is harder still.
Is there a list of certified fitters out there, or anyone in the area who can point me to someone?
Quote Reply