Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for a simple GPS
Quote | Reply
First thing to know is that I don't have a smart phone, I am still in flip phone era. I just don't have a need for it. By simple GPS I mean something that shows me where I am and a route to where I want to go. The bigger the screen the better as I would like to be able to just glance at it and I wear glasses to read but don't need them to ride. I am not competitive any more, I just like to go out and ride and have an idea of where I am, speed, time, average speed...the basics.
Many thanks...
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a simple GPS [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As soon as you put bigger screen and mapping on your list, you have graduated out of basic or simple. The two that most likely satisfy your wants are the Garmin 1030 and Hammerhead Karoo. The 1030 is state of the art and does the best mapping. The Karoo has a good sized screen and does many things well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Wahoo devices, e.g. Elemnt Bolt or Elemnt Roam are very well-regarded for readability. Very nice high-contrast displays. Good routing capability with easy-to-read directions or map display. I know some people who switched from Garmin to get the better readability.

The caveat here is that you pretty much need a smartphone to configure them. Or to download routes you want to ride. But you might be able to have a friend do that for you or something.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a simple GPS [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
As soon as you put bigger screen and mapping on your list, you have graduated out of basic or simple. The two that most likely satisfy your wants are the Garmin 1030 and Hammerhead Karoo. The 1030 is state of the art and does the best mapping. The Karoo has a good sized screen and does many things well.

Thanks, these two look good
Quote Reply