Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for Triathlon clubs - North of San Jose CA
Quote | Reply
I finally summoned the courage and I am moving out of Michigan to sunny California, north of San Jose to be specific.
Does anybody know any triathlon clubs around that area?
I’ve trained by myself for the last 2 years and I’d like to switch it up a little bit, sometimes I feel I can use the motivation and company, specially for open water swims.

Cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for Triathlon clubs - North of San Jose CA [JCAndroid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for Triathlon clubs - North of San Jose CA [JCAndroid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Silicon Valley Tri Club is a good club. They're pretty large, so there's always some group activity going on. I trained with them for a few years. They do organize group workouts but it's more of a social club, i.e., you'll still need to put together your own training plan.

Another option, though a little further south, is Kain Performance.

https://kainperformance.com

They're local to me (los Gatos) so I see them around a lot. I've never been a member but I know a few of the folks on the team. They're a smaller team, but they have some really fast men and women on the team. They offer a more complete coaching/team experience than SV Tri Club.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

SVTC does have a coach that offers training plans up to the half IM distance.
They have a new to the sport program that helps newbies with various aspects including open water swims.

Many of the open water swim workouts are informally organized by members. During the season, people do this nearly every weekend. Many swimmers follow up with a run or sometimes a bike ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SVTC is more laid back, Kain is more the KQ set.

A bit further north (mid peninsula) you have Team Sheeper in Menlo Park.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for Triathlon clubs - North of San Jose CA [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome!
Thanks a lot everybody.
Quote Reply