Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for Riding Partner in Outerbanks July 14-21
Quote | Reply
Anyone else in Outer Banks between July 14-21st. I plan on bringing my bike and would like to go on a few rides. There's always safety in numbers. I'm staying up in the Corolla area.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for Riding Partner in Outerbanks July 14-21 [justtrime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Were you able to find any good riding in Outer Banks? I am planning to be there next week and was going to bring my bike, but I keep hearing that the biking is horrible - I'm wondering if it is worth the hassle of bringing it.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for Riding Partner in Outerbanks July 14-21 [taneeshab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
taneeshab wrote:
Were you able to find any good riding in Outer Banks? I am planning to be there next week and was going to bring my bike, but I keep hearing that the biking is horrible - I'm wondering if it is worth the hassle of bringing it.

It really depends on where you are. There's a crap-ton of traffic near Kitty Hawk and a fair amount around Rodanthe. I rode from Avon down to the Shipwreck Museum in June & didn't have any issues. Traffic was a little speedy in a couple areas, but the shoulders were smooth and wide enough to ride on. Didn't feel unsafe.

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for Riding Partner in Outerbanks July 14-21 [justtrime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There used to be a 5:30am crew that met at a Food Lion every morning for a hammerfest. Here is the route we did... unsure if they're still around but it was a straight up hammer fest, no rollout warm up, we were literally 30+mph down the beach road out of the blocks. Link to that route...

https://outerbanksbicycle.com/...o-ride/morning-ride/

I was staying a little north of Duck and rode up to Corolla one day and back. Traffic wasn't awful but not my favorite place to ride.

Quote Reply
Re: Looking for Riding Partner in Outerbanks July 14-21 [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hatteras is good riding - just do it in the mornings
Quote Reply