Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for Mike Garcia, pro from late-80's. Gail Lawrence too.
Quote | Reply
He and I raced against each other in Europe in the early-mid 90's. I've scanned a bunch of old pics and I'd like to send them to him. The attached pic is the US team for the '94 Triathlon Military World Champs (CISM). I'm at right, Mike is 2nd from right. My email is scott at gress dot org

If you know Gail Lawrence, a pro during the 90's, she can probably point me in the right direction. Gail probably took the below pic.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Last edited by: RangerGress: Jan 24, 20 7:28
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for Mike Garcia, pro from late-80's. Gail Lawrence too. [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will be following this, as Mike was a mainstay in the pro ranks all through the 80's. We had some good times and battles, and he has the designation of being the 2nd person being attacked by a shark during a Tri swim, right after me!!! We need an update, where are they now??
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for Mike Garcia, pro from late-80's. Gail Lawrence too. [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you ever find Mike and Gail? I raced with Gail a lot in the late 90’s leading up to Olympic trials. She stayed with me for a while in Massachusetts between races one year. I do think they married but split up at some point. Let me know what you found out. I googled her today, just thinking about some fun times racing. Happened upon this post and thought I would reach out. Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for Mike Garcia, pro from late-80's. Gail Lawrence too. [casual observer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found Mike a couple years ago, but didn't find Gail. It was Mike that was my racing buddy/competitor in the early/mid 90's, and I never knew Gail very well. From her perspective it would have been creepy, I think, for "some old buddy of my ex-husband is trying to contact me."

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your reply. Guess that would be a little creepy;)
Quote Reply