Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Long reach clip on aero bars.
Quote | Reply
Title says it all, basically if you measure from my elbow to wrist bone I am about 260mm. Need something that would accommodate a measurement of over 300mm or basically from Centre of pad to extension tip of 350mm.

Must be clip on with some stack spacers included, must be ski bend and 31.8.

What are the options?

Thanks in advance,

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Long reach clip on aero bars. [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here ya go: https://51-speedshop.com/...end-carbon-extension

Pair with the clip-on bar of your choice (ex. Profile Sonic/Ergo).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Long reach clip on aero bars. [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
Here ya go: https://51-speedshop.com/...end-carbon-extension

Pair with the clip-on bar of your choice (ex. Profile Sonic/Ergo).

Hey thanks, that fits but it isn’t for me or one of my athletes....hoping for more of a mid range off the shelf option. I suppose if all else fails.

Just having a hard time finding exact extension lengths for profile, 3t, zipp aluminum etc. Maybe just need to dig a little deeper.

To be honest never encountered this problem before, really large/long forearms and large hands as well.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Long reach clip on aero bars. [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Profile Design standard ext length is 400mm (there are short 340mm versions)
For a Sonic Ergo you need at least 50mm of ext behind the centre of the clamp, so 350 from clamp centre (which is bar centre) to the tip.
Max offset is 70mm, so it is possible to get rear of pad to ext tip of 420 (380 from pad centre)
Obviously moving the pad forward shortens that

If you need more - the Supersonic bracket has more offset and doesn't need as much ext sticking out the back. Or if looking for an overall long reach position the bracket can be set forward.

Your options for ski bends are the 50 or 35 (name indicates inclination) in carbon or Al (thus 50C is 50deg carbon, it's a rather intricate naming system).
Most Profile Design Clipons are compatible with the riser kits (Sonic variants all are).

If you want to look into the topic further, I have a list of extension options that covers most of what is available
Quote Reply
Re: Long reach clip on aero bars. [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
Profile Design standard ext length is 400mm (there are short 340mm versions)
For a Sonic Ergo you need at least 50mm of ext behind the centre of the clamp, so 350 from clamp centre (which is bar centre) to the tip.
Max offset is 70mm, so it is possible to get rear of pad to ext tip of 420 (380 from pad centre)
Obviously moving the pad forward shortens that

If you need more - the Supersonic bracket has more offset and doesn't need as much ext sticking out the back. Or if looking for an overall long reach position the bracket can be set forward.

Your options for ski bends are the 50 or 35 (name indicates inclination) in carbon or Al (thus 50C is 50deg carbon, it's a rather intricate naming system).
Most Profile Design Clipons are compatible with the riser kits (Sonic variants all are).

If you want to look into the topic further, I have a list of extension options that covers most of what is available

Ok thanks, just what I was looking for. PD Alu with maybe the riser kit.

Cheers,
Maurice
Quote Reply