Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Long overdue Tramadol ban
Quote | Reply
What happens is, you look down and see the watts and heart rate through the roof and you think, huh, I'm crushing it....and you feel pretty good.

Well, not so much anymore. Going deep will again feel the way it should feel- bad. Can't wait to see who the real tough guys are.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...mpetition-from-2019/

Last edited by: McNulty: Jun 21, 18 14:43
Quote Reply
Re: Long overdue Tramadol ban [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to hear. My friends who have ties to the top Australian cycling tell me tramadol, nicorette and caffeine combined as a cocktail is being abused so no doubt the world over. A friend who is a nurse doing research studies tested several cyclists so asked if the cyclist had taken any drugs as part of the study and was told no but they had seen crashes in the bunch caused by cyclists on tramadol who have slowed reactions so even if they weren't taking it they know that it is rife.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was prescribed Tramadol last January for pain caused by a pulmonary embolism.

I looked it up on the WADA banned lists before I took it (I'd have taken it even if it was on the list) and was surprised that it wasn't on the in/out of competition lists.

When I got some time I did some investigating and found that it is a routinely abused by many athletes and expected it to be banned soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Always good to hear that a ban is going in place but it is always frustrating that people are willing to go to this level and feel they have to go to the level to be competitive. I clicked on a link in the side bar from your link to the following article which just reiterates use. It is sad that people feel the need to do it when the side effects and long-term risks are not well understood.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Long overdue!

"According to the WADA Monitoring Program, 71 to 82 percent of the tramadol use between 2012 and 2015 in globally monitored sports occurred in cycling."

"In 2017, 548 revealed high traces above 50ng/ml among 12,554 controls in cycling, at about 4.4 percent."

And none of the MPCC teams are using tramadol, right? What would be the percentage among non-MPCC teams, and should we name and shame them?
Quote Reply
Re: Long overdue Tramadol ban [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've always wondered how many fellow cyclists in my area are on something other than ritalin (spelling?). 24 to 25 mph avg and they look so fresh after 50 miles...maybe I'm just too slow lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I understand that Tramadol abuse is particularly common among cyclists, but how is it not banned by WADA? Are there some sports it would be considered safe for?
Quote Reply