Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Long Torpedo BTA Hose Replacement
Quote | Reply
I tilted my cockpit, which means that my BTA Torpedo bottle is now tilted. So, I need a hose that reaches all the way to the back and is still long enough to reach my mouth. The stock hose is 11" long, so I am not sure that is long enough. Anyone figure out the replacement hose or an alternative for a tilted Torpedo bottle?
Quote Reply
Re: Long Torpedo BTA Hose Replacement [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just go buy some tubing from Home Depot or Lowe's and cut it to whatever length you need. That's what I did. I have a six foot coil that I just cut pieces off when needed.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Long Torpedo BTA Hose Replacement [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent, thanks. I will go there next. My local Ace Hardware let me down, so then I was thinking that the hose was something special that big box stores might not stock. Thus, this post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As GMAN said.
But I always found the challenging part was getting the existing bite valve out of the old tube. Maybe cut it out...
Quote Reply
Re: Long Torpedo BTA Hose Replacement [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just installed my tilt kit and have the same problem, I figure a replacement hose from a hydration pack will work, and it comes with the bite valve on it already.
Quote Reply
Re: Long Torpedo BTA Hose Replacement [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I figured out the hose... It is 7/16" OD Silicone Tubing with 1/4" ID (3/32" wall). Home Depot sells thin-wall vinyl tubing. It is not a direct replacement, but it can work OK. It is thinner-walled stuff, so it is not as flexible and kinks easier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You need to get a Vision DS1 BTA. Shits all over a Torpedo which I used to use in design especially with the bars tilted. Hose is on a hinge you can set the angle to drink and fold it back down and fill point is at the very top. Here one is on my bike since tilting the bars up.

https://shop.visiontechusa.com/en/drinking-system-ds1

http://i68.tinypic.com/314f6rt.jpg
Quote Reply