Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Long Run in Salt Lake City
Quote | Reply
Headed to SLC to watch my kid play soccer. Any good places to run 2-2.5 hours. Would prefer some as much interrupted road/trails as possible and I prefer out and back. Don't mind driving a little bit to get to the start (I'm staying close to Farmington)

Thanks!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Long Run in Salt Lake City [thugbuster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My buddy out there runs antelope island.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Farmington you could run on Legacy Parkway for as long as you want without interruption.

Antelope Island would be good too as there isn't interruption except when the buffalo are on the road or the trail. It does require a fee if you drive out there. If you come down to Salt Lake City, check out the bonneville shoreline trail. Behind the U has lots of trails will give you some elevation gain compared to the other two. My vote would be bonneville shoreline for a trail or Legacy parkway if you want pavement.
Quote Reply
Re: Long Run in Salt Lake City [Snowvols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Getting ready for Boulder, so a little elevation would be good, but mainly just looking to get out and run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Legacy Parkway Trail is nice for an out and back; Antelope is great if you can outrun the gnats...
Quote Reply
Re: Long Run in Salt Lake City [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are coming in the next couple.of weeks avoid anything near the lake (antelope island especially). The bugs are truly horrendous.

Near Farmington you've got legacy parkway for roads. If you're down in slc area, the frontage road heading towards The Great Saltair is dead of traffic and flat. Up near park city there are lots of trails in town that would make for a beautiful place to run at altitude.

If you want some dirt and isolation, run up Farmington canyon towards Francis peak. When you're in town, look up and you'll see a radio tower on top of the hill. That road leads all the way up there but is most definitely not clear of snow yet. If I had to pick somewhere to do a long run and I wasn't worried about needing support, I'd go here.

Train hard to Race harder

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" - Pre
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in farmington, run on the roads in the bird refuge. look at my strava from last week run where i run, you'll be happy all flat dirt roads. nate cook the award winning athlete
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bonneville Shoreline Trail- don't go to Utah and have amazing trail running to run on roads
Quote Reply
Re: Long Run in Salt Lake City [COBRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. I’ll look for some dirt. I’m not much of a technical trail runner, but from what I’ve seen I should be able to find some dirt that won’t require trail running shoes and a satellite phone.

Thanks for all the suggestions!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The shoreline trail Is good go up 100 east in Farmington to Farmington canyon but head south, not north. North ends pretty quick unless you start in kaysville. Park a out a 1/4 mile above the first parking area you see. Small parking area at the second gate. I only said run the bird refuge because I figured youd run from The soccer fields.
Quote Reply