Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Long Legs short torso
Quote | Reply
I'm a guy who is 5'10". I am currently on a specialized shiv that is 6 years old and lots of miles and wear and tear. Looking for a new bike in the $6,000 range. Not sure which bike to get because I feel it is hard for me to find the proper fit. I have long legs and a short torso. So my saddle on some bikes sits to high for my aero bars.
Any bike suggestions?
Looking at the Trek Speed Concept
Canyon SpeedMax 8.0
Cervelo P3
and the Argon 18 119 bike.
Felt IA10 or Disc version
I like the Argon 18 and the speed concept but I just want the best fit.

Also, which one is the lightest as I know some bikes can get a bit heavy?

Thanks for any help and suggestions.
Last edited by: breezy: Jul 15, 19 21:02
Quote Reply
Re: Long Legs short torso [breezy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speed Concept. I am long legged, shorter torso there are few bikes that fit me due to the top tube length. I am on my second Speed Concept and the fit is perfect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Medium Argon should fit nice. They have modest top tubes and adjust the spacers to suit. Pretty sweet bikes if you can look at the one at a bike shop (vs photos)

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 1.76m with inseam of 90cm. I'm on a medium P3X which fits fine. Was on a 54 cervelo p5 three previously and that worked well too. Speed concept would also be a viable option.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm almost exactly like you, about 5'10'' with around 33'' inseam. I have a trek SC in size Large and it's been great. I have the medium-high stack set up and really allows me to get a nice tuck and hide my head. I've done 3 IM's on it and no comfort issues. It's not the lightest or most nimble bike out there, but it's very fast on relatively flat and rolling courses.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perhaps if you posted your pad stack and reach numbers people could narrow your search down for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm 5'9 with really long legs and arms, and short torso. I have a medium speed concept with the low/far stem and medium mono riser. it is the best fit I have ever had on a tri bike. Previous had a IA10 size 54.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Long leg short torso here and after trying a Felt and Cervelo I got a Speed Concept. Great fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone for your input. It looks like the speed concept as worked well for a lot of people. That is probably the route I will be going. Still looking into the Canyon because the price point is so good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not a premier tactical? Under your budget, light, very adjustable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am 6ft, long legged short torso... I had a size L Argon 18 118-NEXT and it was fantastic. Adjustable and good fit. I miss it but sold it as not doing triathlon anymore.

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
breezy wrote:
I'm a guy who is 5'10". I am currently on a specialized shiv that is 6 years old and lots of miles and wear and tear. Looking for a new bike in the $6,000 range. Not sure which bike to get because I feel it is hard for me to find the proper fit. I have long legs and a short torso. So my saddle on some bikes sits to high for my aero bars.

I'd opt for a bike that does not have a proprietary front end and get the Tririg Alpha One bars. Very easy adjustment and all the stack you could want.

Or just get the Omni... on sale.
Quote Reply
Re: Long Legs short torso [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Similar boat, I'm 6'3" 180lbs with very long legs/arms and short torso, I'm on a Trek SC size L with high/far stem. In hindsight probably should be on the XL, but it speaks to the stem/spacer combos that you can make it work over a pretty wide range. Obviously the bike is wicked fast and sexy.
Last edited by: Crentist: Jul 16, 19 16:59
Quote Reply
Re: Long Legs short torso [Crentist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crentist, I have a friend with very similar body specs as you who is also on a size large. He is having a very difficult time getting the aero bar up high enough and Trek is telling him there is not much more they can do. Does anyone have any experience with third-party aero bars that will allow a person to raise the aero bar pads higher than is currently stock with a large speed concert?
Quote Reply
Re: Long Legs short torso [hogstuff3721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hogstuff3721 wrote:
Crentist, I have a friend with very similar body specs as you who is also on a size large. He is having a very difficult time getting the aero bar up high enough and Trek is telling him there is not much more they can do. Does anyone have any experience with third-party aero bars that will allow a person to raise the aero bar pads higher than is currently stock with a large speed concert?

Hmmm, personally I'm on the second smallest spacer, so I could raise it a bit, but I'm more interested in aero. If the tallest spacer is still too low, I'd look at his posture on the bike. Is he rotating his hips at all? If he's just arching his back to try to get there, that's going to be limiting. Might need a new saddle like ISM to feel comfy there. I'd be surprised if someone my dimensions couldn't make it work with the highest spacer...
Quote Reply