Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lodging in CDA?
Quote | Reply
any options besides their super expensive resort? something nice, not too far, not too pricy preferably.

yes...I will be racing...yesterday Bjorn emailed me, asking me to race an IM to DNF in the middle while leading the women's race (crap...no women there) to get people off his back.
Quote Reply
Re: Lodging in CDA? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not much left up there; been poking around as well with a few buddies for a place. For a backup we booked the Red Lion's Templin Hotel, which wasn't too bad in price and hopefully better than Desert Dude's choice of accomodation...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably not right for you (but you're welcome if you like) I'm about to cancel a reservation at the Holiday Inn Express out on US 95 about 1 mile north of I-90. About 5 miles from the race site. The attraction is it's attached to the indoor water park that I had to extract my 4 year old from multiple times last year. Was about $200/night for a two room 'suite' when I made the reservation last year, but they were pretty clueless about the timing of IMCDA as well. If someone is interested in timing the call, let me know via PM- no deposit involved on my end.

Ken
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Lodging in CDA? [Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have an R.V. there is Blackwell Island R.V park I think I'm paying something like 35 dollars a night and borrowed a camper from some freinds. Probably cost me a case of Keystone for the camper rental. I bet you could contact one of the R.v places in the area and rent a motor home from them . the R.V. Park is only about a mile away if you drive and about 200 yards if you want to swim .

good luck
kp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do NOT stay at the Twin Firs Motel. Scary... The one plus it has is that it's close. Just off the main drag by the highway. Otherwise... Well, I'll just say that the Gideon Society didn't even deem this place worthy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois,
This will be CDA #3 for me and I learned that staying at "THE RESORT" is just a big rip off in my opinion and I can easily afford it ... its just not very special and I'm there to race. I've found that staying outside town between CDA and Spokane saves a lot of $$ and access into town is real quick on the highway ... like 10-15min. A lot of people do that and you'll be surrounded by other triathletes. The layout in CDA makes it real easy to do that as parking is easy and the site is a big park.
Dave
Quote Reply
Re: Lodging in CDA? [dcsxtri10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave,

Any towns in particular that you'd recommend between CdA and Spokane?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In 2003 I stayed in Post Falls and found it pretty managable. Only about a 10 minute drive to the race site but far enough away to stay out of all the expo stuff if you want to.

FWIW - At the time I stayed at the Sleep Inn. Pretty reasonable prices and the owners were a nice young couple that bent over backwards for all the racers. They changed the continental b-fast to satisfy everyone, froze our water bottles, gave us old sheets for cleaning bikes, put out food at 4am on race day, etc. They even gave us a free room to hold my daughters birthday party (and even got her a present). It's not a super fancy hotel but it was clean, farirly new, and they treated us well.
Quote Reply
Re: Lodging in CDA? [BK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was told by the Sleep Inn has new owners this year so they may not be as accomodating as the prior owner who actually raced IMCDA. They are also requiring a min 4 night stay.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is the bad thing about IMCDA and IMLP (in my opinion). Beautiful places to race, but they are small, expensive towns without a lot of options. Check out Spokane, WA. There will be more options there.

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definatly check out spokane,Liberty Lake,& post Falls.They are all close to the race & probably a little cheaper than cda during race week.Spokane also has a great assortment of places to eat & is not as expensive & tourist related as cda.Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Lodging in CDA? [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I recall, isn't there some huge outdoor basketball tournament in Spokane the same weekend as IM CDA? I remember hearing somewhere that rooms can be hard to come by in Spokane during the tournament.
Quote Reply
Re: Lodging in CDA? [matti58] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a big BB tournament that weekend but I was able to make reservations in Spokane Valley (essentially east side of Spokane) right off the interstate not too long ago, plenty of rooms at the time. There did not appear to be any upcharge due to IM either.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Lodging in CDA? [ironmancam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK. Lodging found! Thanks ST.
Quote Reply