Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Live tracking issue with Wahoo Elemnt
Quote | Reply
I have installed all updates on my Wahoo Elemnt and it seems to be working fine. However, when I try to share the live tracking link with my wife she is not able to access it. In the past the tracking link has worked fine, but now I can't figure out how to share the link with her. I was having issues with the Elemnt and had to unpair it, then pair it again with the App. But when I tried to text the tracking link it did not go through.

Anyone else have this issue with the Elemnt?
Quote Reply
Re: Live tracking issue with Wahoo Elemnt [Pieman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No issues here for me with my Wahoo Bolt. My wife received it and looked at it just this morning with no issues. She gets the link via email.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same issue this past saturday after un-pairing and re-pairing. I expected the live track link to send automatically as it used to. Please post if you are able to get it working again.
Quote Reply
Re: Live tracking issue with Wahoo Elemnt [swimbikejon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
swimbikejon wrote:
I had the same issue this past saturday after un-pairing and re-pairing. I expected the live track link to send automatically as it used to. Please post if you are able to get it working again.

Oddly enough, I had a bike mechanical on Saturday, and my ever-suffering wife couldn't get my position via the tracking website (it showed my ride from three days prior). Don't know if that's related...

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know how I'd find it, but I read about this issue within the past week on another forum or Facebook. Someone said they had submitted a ticket to Wahoo, who was aware of the issue and working on an update. No idea the validity of that, just passing along what I read. They also reported that the live track link was going to a ride from ~a year ago.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Last edited by: justinhorne: Jun 8, 20 14:41
Quote Reply
Re: Live tracking issue with Wahoo Elemnt [swimbikejon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still seeing this issue. The automatic link sharing is no longer working so I manually shared the link via iMessage. That link was showing partial data from a ride a month ago. Anyone been able to get wahoo live track working again? I'm on the latest app and firmware versions using an elemnt bolt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same issue here.

It stopped sending the link.

I changed the recipient email and it worked.

I changed it back to the original email and it worked again

No idea why.
Quote Reply
Re: Live tracking issue with Wahoo Elemnt [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m having the issue of it not maintaining a Bluetooth connection to my phone. Reconnecting hasn’t helped. Even with the app and ELEMNT turned on, it drops the connect every few seconds. This also results in not maintaining the connection needed for live tracking
Quote Reply
Re: Live tracking issue with Wahoo Elemnt [Traket92x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had this issue also. I had to unpair the Elemnt and then pair it again like I did when I first installed it. I also installed a new update. That seemed to work and now the live tracking is working fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Live tracking issue with Wahoo Elemnt [Traket92x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I completely unpaired the device, told the bolt to forget the phone, removed the bolt from the app, ( forget device ) and unpaired it from my phone.

Then I repaired it all, and seemed to work ok again.

Still need to test more, but 20 min tests at my desk are working just fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This doesn't help you with your actual problem at all, but as a backup/alternative I use an app on my phone called Glmypse. Can share the link all different ways, eg whatsapp, SMS, email, probably facebook and whatnot. I guess if it is using the on-board GPS as well as transmitting to the cell tower the battery use could be worse vs pairing to your Wahoo and continuously sending data by bluetooth. But I can share tracking for a 5hr ride no problem on my Galaxy A70.

Question from me - does the Wahoo live tracking thingy also share ride/performance data? As in, speed, cadence, power if you have it, HR etc? I've got a Bolt but have never tried the live tracking bit out.

Cheers,
Rich.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pieman wrote:
I had this issue also. I had to unpair the Elemnt and then pair it again like I did when I first installed it. I also installed a new update. That seemed to work and now the live tracking is working fine.

Had this issue recently with both wahoo bolt and stages computers. Wouldn't update, date was wacko, connection problems. Did similar steps, unpairing, reinstalling firmware, repairing and everything is hunky dory. No idea why reinstalling the same current firmware works but it does. Something goes stale somewhere.
Quote Reply