Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Live Stream of my Danish Hour Record Attempt Tomorrow (January 11th) [biker2035] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
biker2035 wrote:
Great Job!! Can I ask about your training for hydration and food intake? I don't see anything in the picture and doubt you are taking your hands off the bars for a drink. What was your training for adaptation to be at near max for a solid hour without food or water? I generally don't eat unless longer than 2 hour ride, and don't even bring a bottle if I am out for less than an hour, but I am not working at the level you were. Thanks.

Thanks!

As far as I know it's not allowed in any track races to have any fluid on the bike and I don't think you are allowed to carry any food either, at least not for the hour record. I remember reading about the Danish hour record and it said something along the lines of it being permitted to get handed water and fruit during the attempt! Shows you how old those paragraphs are. But anyway, I didn't train specifically for not having food or water for an hour - it's not really an issue if you make sure you have been drinking and eating well leading up to the attempt. If so, glycogen stores should last you up to a couple of hours of intense excersise so no issue there and with regards to water it has to be quite hot for you to sweat more than the ~2% body weight that you can sweat before it starts to hamper your performance. It's been years since I've used any food or fluid in a TT - the 40k worlds TT in ~35C and full-on Sun in Qatar in 2016 was borderline in that regard, but it went OK without.
Quote Reply

Prev Next