Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Litespeed problem
Quote | Reply
A friend of mine just got an Ultimate fork and frame, but he is stumped on the seatpost- apparently it should be 31.2??? or something equally weird, any ideas, or experiences? ( this isn't one of those 'my friend' but it is really me questions- unfortunately)

Weeman
Quote Reply
Re: Litespeed problem [weeman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
call Litespeed and ask them the correct size for the seatpost before you try to shove the wrong size in the frame. if it is an unusual size, ask them for brands, types, retailers or distributors that make/carry this kind of post.

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Litespeed catalog indicates that all their 2003 road frames use a 27.2 mm seatpost. Is your Ultimate a 2003 or a 2004? The 2004 has the swoopy "aero" rear stays.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unless they changed something, I should be a 27.2
You can call Litespeed to double check.
Quote Reply
Here's the answer [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Litespeed's 2004 Ultimate (as well as most of their bikes) have changed to a 31.6 seatpost.

Quote Reply
Re: Here's the answer [Mac McE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spot on, found out at last- weird if you ask me, and the LBS in Miami were absolutely sh*t. Clueless moron forgot to attach a headset, and couldn't figure out why the seatpost didn't fit- inspirational.

So why are litespeed making the seat-tube the same size as a football post?

Weeman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there were some pre production models that left the factory with Mystery Sized posts, and they are standard, call litespeed. deal with them and they will take care of you.
Quote Reply