Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Litespeed Saber Discussion
Quote | Reply
Hello all. First post. Hopefully I can get some help. I am on the market for a new Saber and can't decide on a 2006 or 2007 model. I have noticed a slight change in the head tube, top tube, and seat tube which is making my decision a bit tougher. Hopefully some of you Saber owners can post some pics with what size you ride and your dimensions? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Litespeed Saber Discussion [1fngear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I own an 06 model, I would go for what is most affordable an 07 frame will certainly go for more than an 06. I run a 53 frame I am right at 5"8" long legs short torso. Bike fits me great I run a 70MM stem.

http://talesofthemissing.wordpress.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hello all. First post. Hopefully I can get some help. I am on the market for a new Saber and can't decide on a 2006 or 2007 model. I have noticed a slight change in the head tube, top tube, and seat tube which is making my decision a bit tougher. Hopefully some of you Saber owners can post some pics with what size you ride and your dimensions? Thanks.

AFAIK the versions are identical. Only difference is internal cables and a cutout in the seattube in the 2007 model year.

Frank

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys. Frank if you look at their website or catalogue you will notice a slight difference in some of the tubes. Hmm..any more Saber riders out there that could chime in?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am 6'4" and ride a 59 2006 Saber. Fits great!
Quote Reply
Re: Litespeed Saber Discussion [paw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm also 6'4" and ride a 59. (06 version) I had to put in the QR seatpost shuttle to get a little steeper to accomodate my long legs and short torso.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an '06 Saber and I really like it. It's super comfortable to ride and I live in Wisconsin (where the roads aren't always smooth) and it's nice to have a bike with a bit of give to it.

Aside from the internal cable routing (kind of a pain if you do your own bike work) and the cut out (mostly marketing hype) the main difference between the '06 & '07 is the height of the head tube. It's pretty high on the '06. I don't need a lot of drop on my bike so it's actually perfect for me, but if you do - the '06 might be a bit tall for you.

I'm 6'0" and I ride a 57 and it fits just right. Here are a couple shots...

I've made a few changes since these photos were taken (shorter stem and S-bends) but overall you should get the drift.

I think this is an AWESOME bike!
Quote Reply
Re: Litespeed Saber Discussion [cidewar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys. Hey cidewar I'm also 6' tall and the 57cm is the size i'm looking at. I do work on my own stuff and from owning a few Kleins the internal cabling is a cinch. The headtube difference is what's throwing my measurements a bit off but seeing that you have a 57cm is definitely narrowing down my choice. Hopefully you can redo your pictures as they did not come thru.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm riding an '06 Saber and I love it. Just got it last fall, so we're still getting to know each other, but so far so good. I'm 6'1" and I'm on a 57 cm frame - 110 mm stem and 175 mm cranks. Here's some pix...

I've made a couple of cosmetic changes (red pedals, different wheels, etc.) since these pix were taken, but other than that I wouldn't change a thing.

Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the head tube length between the two models are closer than you think. The '06 Saber has an integrated headset. The '07 does not. Once you install a headset on the '07 you are looking at an additional 1.5-2.0 cm of head tube length.

They are both great bikes. What's not to love?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is my 59cm bike. I'm 6'1''.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Quote Reply
Re: Litespeed Saber Discussion [TiDriver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Mike. Thanks Frank. Both of these setups are nice. I guess I better start leaning towards a 57cm. Now I will decide on a 2006 or 2007 model.
Last edited by: 1fngear: May 13, 07 7:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hmm. See if you can see them now. If not PM me your email and i'll send you some copies. The fit for me is great and i don't need to be any lower.

Quote Reply
Re: Litespeed Saber Discussion [cidewar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Morning cidewar. They didn't come thru again. Here is my e-mail: onefngear@comcast.net
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am going to make a lot of assumptions in this post on frame sizes (without saying what they are - should be obvious- I am doing this on the Crackberry waiting for the wife to come out of a store so I can drive another 200 miles to get home in time to ride 60) and my point is to measure carefully. I am 6 foot and ride an 04 57 size Blade (obtained and built in 06 so its not as pricey as you might think). It fits like a glove but there is less than an inch to drop the seat if for some reason it needed to be done. If you are a little short in the leg make sure the fit is spot on.

Carbon is fashion - Ti is style. Welcome to the family.

Born again Heathen
In Case of Keith Moon - Break This Glass
Ironman Certified Coach
USAT Certified Coach
Precision Nutrition Certified
Quote Reply
Re: Litespeed Saber Discussion [cooterbob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome bike....Look at David Thompsons split from the tri 101 Bradenton, he was riding a Saber for that race....so its really freakin fast!!

Ruble Triathlon Coaching Average of 30 coached PR's per year
Florida Triathlon Camps Train in North Americas winter training destination
Ruble Racing Events Midwest Triathlon Racing
Ruble Timing Midwest Event Timing
Quote Reply