Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Litespeed Blade
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I just got an offer for a new Blade 2003 model at an interesting price. Does anyone out there ride such a bike and wants to share his/her honest opinion with me. I've read Tom D's review of the 2002 model (which has been critized because of its poor internal cable routing and other things). Most of this has changed for the 2003 model so IMHO this review is not usable for the 2003 model. I'm a big and heavy guy so a few grams more on the frame are no problem for me.

regards,

Frank

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Quote Reply
Re: Litespeed Blade [Bavarian_Frank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Frank, My review of the '02 Blade caused quite a stir. It's interesting that my criticism of another manufacturer's entry level tri bike created almost no uproar. Hmmm....

At any rate, I can tell you the '03 version of the Blade is greatly improved. The cable routing has changed and the seat stays are radiused. The "aerodynamic" prow on the head tube is gone (although John Cobb said it actually did have some benefit if I recall correctly). Those improvements alone make the '03 bike a much easier version to own and live with. Additionally, Litespeed was candid in their response to my review when they noted that the bike "isn't necessarily for everyone" and is made to be a stiff riding, high perfromance time trail specific machine. I think the '03 bike is much nicer than the '02 with the internal cable routing. For some people, the '03 is a good choice.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Litespeed Blade [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Tom,

thanks for your answer. I've read all your bike reviews, they are very interesting and very detailed, that makes them very valuable. Now we have the interbike over here in Germany, my LBS promised he will bring me all the new catalogues so soon I'll see what's hot next year.

Besides that I'll have a Blade demo bike next weekend and if I like it I'll buy the new frame which was offered to me. I think that's the best way - test the bike for one or two complete days and then decide if it is the right bike for me.

regards,

Frank

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ja, sehr gute. Ausgesichnit. Du bist sehr gecheit.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2003 Blade with internal cables, campy record/carbon cranks, John Cobb fork and HED3/Zipp Disc tubs and it is beyond the shadow of a doubt the fastest machine I have ever ridden--it is especially fantastic on flats and rollers. I'm interested to see how it does in hillier courses like the 9/20 ITU World qualifier.

The first time I rode it in a race I was laughing because it was so fast......

RC

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply