Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Lionel Sanders is Doing Another Ironman (Greatest Troll in Triathlon History?)
Quote | Reply
At this point, you have to ask very seriously if he is the greatest troll in triathlon history. Given the latest video, I think it is totally possible. If he is serious, that is another thing entirely

Last edited by: kileyay: Sep 14, 18 6:15
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders is Doing Another Ironman (Greatest Troll in Triathlon History?) [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He may have you beat Kiley. Hail the troll king.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders is Doing Another Ironman (Greatest Troll in Triathlon History?) [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not quite Spinal Tap but getting there... now if only he could get to 11.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders is Doing Another Ironman (Greatest Troll in Triathlon History?) [SteveMc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh damn! Spinal Tap reference, love it!

“Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?”

SteveMc wrote:
It's not quite Spinal Tap but getting there... now if only he could get to 11.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doing the swim, ok....Right into 180K bike, makes sense, hopefully he maybe did some long intervals at race pace, and not the entire 180K ride. 20ish K off the bike seems like that could work, but for god sake, please don't run a full marathon esp at race pace.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was hard to make out in the video... is he running the full 42k or just 21k?

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You never go full retard! There's no coming back from that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is amazing.

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders is Doing Another Ironman (Greatest Troll in Triathlon History?) [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he said that any issues on the run should be apparent by 25k. So my guess is he's doing 25 or 30k off the bike??

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders is Doing Another Ironman (Greatest Troll in Triathlon History?) [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
        It's not a full Ironman, he appears to be suggesting he is pulling out at 25k. I don't think he needs to do this but the doubt is there in his mind after Mont Tremblant, and he just can't help himself, he doesn't trust his training, so he's testing it out.
At the end of the video, you can hear Erin saying you just did an Ironman 1 week ago so this video may be delayed and happened a few weeks back.

I'm seriously worried though about Kona now for Lionel, ugghhhhhh!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders is Doing Another Ironman (Greatest Troll in Triathlon History?) [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
You never go full retard! There's no coming back from that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't get how this isn't straight forward.

In 2017 he comes second and identifies 2 items which caused him to lose out on the #1 spot.

Wouldn't most people logically conclude that you keep everything exactly the same, except that you fix those two things? Then if that doesn't work, you start making minor improvements elsewhere?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can here it now..Mike R at the finish......"Lionel, you are an Irontroll"

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If he takes the win at KONA I will laugh my a$@ off. At this point I hope he wins
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders is Doing Another Ironman (Greatest Troll in Triathlon History?) [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Instagram post from Corey Bellemore, world record Beer Mile holder should shed some light on this, looks like the post is from 2 weeks ago where he states that Lionel swam 4km and biked 180km before doing a 21km run. I have to think this is the workout in question.
This doesn't seem as bad, 2 weeks ago would have been one week after Mont Tremblant and still a month and a half out of Kona.

Let's call this Epicman Windsor, Devashish Paul how did we not get in on this????

https://triathlonmagazine.ca/...d-record-beer-miler/
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders is Doing Another Ironman (Greatest Troll in Triathlon History?) [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When do we get to see the footage of him bombing descents "hawi like" full gas?
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders is Doing Another Ironman (Greatest Troll in Triathlon History?) [mungub50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mungub50 wrote:
This is amazing.

Do tell. What is so amazing?
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders is Doing Another Ironman (Greatest Troll in Triathlon History?) [tridude93] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
many of the shots (like the noodle soup, the gatorade bottle, etc.) appeared already in the previous "kona nutrition" flic from (i think) a week ago. so this is definitely not new footage and given the dramatic ending it seem like part of some planned PR campaign

but just the fact that we are having these speculations about it - man, this guy is entertaining
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders is Doing Another Ironman (Greatest Troll in Triathlon History?) [dgutstadt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I completely agree that he is the most entertaining triathlete to follow. I wonder if all these posts and videos from Sanders are meant to get in the heads of his competition?
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders is Doing Another Ironman (Greatest Troll in Triathlon History?) [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CementBottle wrote:
Instagram post from Corey Bellemore, world record Beer Mile holder should shed some light on this, looks like the post is from 2 weeks ago where he states that Lionel swam 4km and biked 180km before doing a 21km run. I have to think this is the workout in question.
This doesn't seem as bad, 2 weeks ago would have been one week after Mont Tremblant and still a month and a half out of Kona.

Let's call this Epicman Windsor, Devashish Paul how did we not get in on this????

https://triathlonmagazine.ca/...d-record-beer-miler/

I guess the question now is how did it go, how did his nutrition plan hold up, how did the day go, what sort of wattage, pace, swim time, etc???

This IS entertaining to watch. He is definitely building a social media following, and in this day and age, a social media following is like printing money, Youtube, instagram, Facebook, etc!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what is said when the video goes dark?
Im not a native english speaker, but did I hear something like "the problem is my body"?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the big deal? I am not a pro and I do the same workout every Saturday except cut the run a little shorter than he is going. I would think that is a pretty normal workout for a pro leading up to an IM. He just happens to tell the world what he is doing and it is great. Funny how you guys know what he should be doing.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders is Doing Another Ironman (Greatest Troll in Triathlon History?) [binhopires] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Classic lines along with "just learning about carbs + electrolytes this week".

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
At this point, you have to ask very seriously if he is the greatest troll in triathlon history. Given the latest video, I think it is totally possible. If he is serious, that is another thing entirely

[/url]]

It is just Lionel being Lionel. As long as he isn't physically injured he will be fine. I'd be more worried about catching a bug swimming in that water than it affecting his chances at Kona.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders is Doing Another Ironman (Greatest Troll in Triathlon History?) [mdgreene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never it is in Windsor Ontario.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply

Prev Next