Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Lionel's running hitch going away?
Quote | Reply
I know...yet another Lionel thread...sorry in advance, but I think I saw something of interest to us fans...

I noticed in Talbot's newest video that when Lionel is running the track, it seems like his hitch is much less pronounced. I don't know if this is because he's not coming off a long ride, but his legs actually look fluid (starts at 7:22 in the vid)! Maybe all his advisers are really making progress on his form and muscle recovery/flexibility! If this is the case, in such a quick amount of time, I'd be super impressed.

Seems like at the end of the video he's talking about short fast running and TT races to hone his speed.

He also talks about his coach and not arguing with him. Seems like he's talking directly to ST!

Last edited by: Kickr: Nov 20, 18 12:26
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel's running hitch going away? [Kickr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please for the love of all thing holy do not comment on this thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel's running hitch going away? [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I swear we are being trolled HARD by this Lionel guy and his sidekick Talbot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know if you brought this up because you sponsor the trainer on the video but there's definately a huge improvement

The golf might have been to work on thoracic rotation.

Do his hips look slightly tight? ... There could still be a bit of gain in stride length by stretching the hip flexors to gain hip extension

I'm sure G or a good physio could check and perscribe stretches if needed
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel's running hitch going away? [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
I don't know if you brought this up because you sponsor the trainer on the video but there's definitely a huge improvement

The golf might have been to work on thoracic rotation.

Do his hips look slightly tight? ... There could still be a bit of gain in stride length by stretching the hip flexors to gain hip extension

I'm sure G or a good physio could check and prescribe stretches if needed

I certainly don’t sponsor his trainer! I own a Kickr, but I don’t represent Wahoo in any way whatsoever - bought it retail just like everyone else.

I just thought that it was a noticeable improvement in his running form, and given the interest in everything Lionel and his new regime I thought it was worth noting - that’s all.

{Edited for typos}
Last edited by: Kickr: Nov 21, 18 5:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always thought his run looked OK in training vids, but in races, after riding hard for 4 hours, then looks like he runs with leg cramps.

And yes I'm a fan, I hope he comes back to win at Kona.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's still there just much less obvious because he's fresh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
taking up lane 1 with his bike trainer? shame
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel's running hitch going away? [Gonefishin5555] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t understand this trolling thing? Is Lionel trolling you because I am making videos of him? Would it make you happier if we quit making videos? Would that mean we are not “trolling” anyone?
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel's running hitch going away? [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cookiebuilder wrote:

I didn't know it was possible to make yogurt come out your nose. I was eating breakfast when I read your response.lol
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel's running hitch going away? [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i believe what the poster means is that sometimes it feels as though your videos are attempting to get ST's collective goat.

your reactionary responses when someone comments and criticizes your videos is a bit disheartening. you have improved based on criticism. don't forget that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
I don’t understand this trolling thing? Is Lionel trolling you because I am making videos of him? Would it make you happier if we quit making videos? Would that mean we are not “trolling” anyone?

Ignore the haters, the vids are great.
If you stop posting them, we'll just end up with more threads about latex tubes and disc brakes. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice vids! This one really moves well... Audio, framing, music, edit, lighting, color grading... All top notch... And you throw in the right amount of unpredictable and spontaneous to keep them from being cheesey

Good stuff!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I noticed the same, his hitch is less pronounced but my guess is because he's fresher. It would be interesting to see a video near the end of a long run to see if his technique can be maintained.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The hitch is still there. His left leg is taking a noticeably shorter stride than his right. This indicates a lack of rotation in the left hip. You are correct it doesn’t appear as bad because he’s only running 2K off the bike. When fatigue really sets in it will naturally get more pronounced. Your form also get’s compromised as fatigue sets in.

The facts though are clear. Look at the front of any marathon. There are no hitches. There are runners who swing their arms side to side to compensate for extreme hip rotation. There are runners who lean forward, and so on. The key point is to look at how quiet all of them run. I would argue the runners with the really pronounced hitches don’t make the front of the major marathons. You have to go back to Juma Inkanga to find a major marathoner with a hitch. Lionel does not run quiet, his form is very loud. By the way Patrick, Jan, and Javier also run very quiet.

It’s clear from the videos that he works very hard at his craft. We love working class hero’s. More hard work won’t make up for the hitch. There’s a history of how the hitch got there in the first place. Uncovering the history and working backwards will help. Also finding the experts in body alignment are key. He’s in Palm Springs which is a short drive to the San Diego coast. One visit with my favorite body alignment doctor would say a great deal. More often than not, the symptom is not the root of the problem. In other words stretching the hip over and over won’t get the results. Finding the root of the problem is best and my guy is really good at finding the root.

A side benefit of working out that hitch will be improving his golf swing.

Yes I’m reaching out to him through this platform. Talbot if you are reading this pm me and I’ll give you all the detail.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

If you don't have anything nice to say, please just don't say. Let's stay positive here.
Lionel or not, I'm very interested in running with a better form, so this kind of thread helps me by reading other people's input, experience and views.
Running is my weakest leg, so anything would help.

talbotcox wrote:

Please ignore them. You make fantastic videos.
They are fun, entertaining, motivating and inspirational, so keep them coming!!!!!

Last edited by: s13tx: Nov 21, 18 6:54
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel's running hitch going away? [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
Quote:

If you don't have anything nice to say, please just don't say. Let's stay positive here. Pink?

This is ST..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:

Yo, T... loved the music on this one. Very fitting for Lionel.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel's running hitch going away? [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone! I love making these videos and just hanging out with the athletes in general. I enjoy making these videos and watch them on YouTube just as much as you guys. Pumps me up.

In regards to Lionels run form he is doing some drills and exercises To open it up. Still lots of work to be done. Maybe we can touch on it in an episode.

Then we can let all the ST coaches correct him and tell him what he is doing wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
Thanks everyone! I love making these videos and just hanging out with the athletes in general. I enjoy making these videos and watch them on YouTube just as much as you guys. Pumps me up.

In regards to Lionels run form he is doing some drills and exercises To open it up. Still lots of work to be done. Maybe we can touch on it in an episode.

Then we can let all the ST coaches correct him and tell him what he is doing wrong.

Thanks Talbot - I love the videos - this one in particular with the new music and cut scenes was really fun.

He works like a beast, and that's really evident - seeing a bit of the behind the scenes works with his new team of professionals could be a very cool angle to cover. For me, I would be really interested to see some of the stuff he's doing with his new team to address his run, what's going on with his dietitian with respect to his vegan/vegetarian diet, or how he's progressing with Tower 26.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:

Love the videos Talbot. If anyone is a "troll" it is the folks making those stupid comments hiding behind a keyboard, anonymous. You and Lionel have put yourselves out there and have made Ironman and Kona, especially this year, so much more interesting. Loved your interview on "Breakfast with Bob"!!

A question for Lionel, he alluded to trying to figure out what went wrong in Kona, getting bloodwork, etc. Perhaps that could be a question you pose to him in a future video???

Please Please please keep these videos coming!!!

Jean
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kickr wrote:
I know...yet another Lionel thread...sorry in advance, but I think I saw something of interest to us fans...

I noticed in Talbot's newest video that when Lionel is running the track, it seems like his hitch is much less pronounced. I don't know if this is because he's not coming off a long ride, but his legs actually look fluid (starts at 7:22 in the vid)! Maybe all his advisers are really making progress on his form and muscle recovery/flexibility! If this is the case, in such a quick amount of time, I'd be super impressed.

Seems like at the end of the video he's talking about short fast running and TT races to hone his speed.

He also talks about his coach and not arguing with him. Seems like he's talking directly to ST!

It is definitely MUCH less pronounce, I was struggling to see the gate but I agree it is still there. Kudos to him for being cognizant of it and working towards fixing it.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel's running hitch going away? [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why does he have a stand under the front wheel?
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel's running hitch going away? [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
Why does he have a stand under the front wheel?

A slight elevation or try to level the bike possibly.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel's running hitch going away? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So true. I just spit my beer.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply

Prev Next