Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lionel’s new coach? [FtStri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FtStri wrote:
i think lionel did actually do that. the evidence of the last years show his intelligence really is at that level. he completely mis-understood reverse periodisation and was kidding himself on how the Norwegians, that he was comparing his training to, train. it's been the same story every year with him, crazy new scheme, completely misunderstanding the basics of what he's trying to do.

But he was coached by @tilburs. And if there is one thing I know, it is that DTD would not have said to Lionel "why don't you go ahead and do 10 hours of training a week, and remember, no easy running or cycling other than recoveries between intervals. We'll bump it up to 13 hours in six weeks' time. That's how short course elites train".

More like Lionel saying "I want to pretend I'm an age grouper for a couple of months, but you know, the clueless type", and DTD putting on his holistic and athlete-centered hat to respond "sure, whatever, you need to have fun to stay motivated", but even that... not likely.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Last edited by: kajet: Oct 8, 21 12:35
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel’s new coach? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
On the topic of your brother. As he transitions to 140.6 what do you see as his weaknesses? Does he have any???

Not an strait forward question to answer. Comes down to if he will prioritize long corse for a longer period then 4weeks. Not off the back off the ITU season.. believe he will be competitive for California. But don’t believe we will see his full potential on his first go this soon with no experience on the distance.
That’s way Kristian is doing Cozumel. More time to work on the right energy systems and efficiency.

As for most athletes there is course, dynamics, climate etc that suits some better then others. For now we don’t know what does is for Gustav in long course.

It’s not a secret Gustav is not among the best triathlon swimmers in ITU. What level he has compered to Jan and the best IM swimmers on long course i don’t know. Think it will vary as is does for Gustav in ITU-racing.

Bike: hills and technical courses suits him best. He don’t push the highest power numbers, but know how to ride fast. Up to 90k anyway.

Run: we will have to wait and see if he can hold the distance.
Quote Reply

Prev Next