Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lionel, Sarah Crowley (and I) are live now on Canyon's Youtube channel
Quote | Reply
it is here I believe. Canyon 360 Labs, moderated by Jeremiah Bishop.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel, Sarah Crowley (and I) are live now on Canyon's Youtube channel [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It came up for a few seconds, dropped off and now says that the video has been taken down.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel, Sarah Crowley (and I) are live now on Canyon's Youtube channel [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Video Unavailable

:-(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQxh8S2kAmA but yea, stops after couple seconds for me
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel, Sarah Crowley (and I) are live now on Canyon's Youtube channel [r-b] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
apparently it dropped, and is now getting rebooted.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Link

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel, Sarah Crowley (and I) are live now on Canyon's Youtube channel [rsjrv99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting this link. I really enjoyed the entire video as my Friday evening treat for the week. The perspectives of all parties was really nice...Dan, Jeremiah, Lionel and Sarah's. I could really relate to some of what Sarah spoke about from her finance career, pitching companies to investors, and how it is like sport when you're just there with no where to hide.

Dan's perpective about just being a multi sporter was bang on. When I run, I am runner, not a triathlete who runs, when I swim, I am swimmer not a triathlete who swims....and so on. When I ski, or speed skate just want to do those as well as I can possibly do them like someone who only does those sports.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel, Sarah Crowley (and I) are live now on Canyon's Youtube channel [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

Dan's perpective about just being a multi sporter was bang on. When I run, I am runner, not a triathlete who runs, when I swim, I am swimmer not a triathlete who swims....and so on. When I ski, or speed skate just want to do those as well as I can possibly do them like someone who only does those sports.

I feel the same way. I even tell my body ‘you’re a runner now’ etc lol

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan, I want to hear your answer on this. If when we swim, ski, play tennis, bike, skate, run we are an athlete just doing that sport, and in total we're just multi sport athletes (just like in high school, playing on track, soccer, hockey and being a single sport person in the season for that sport, but multi sport overall) . So if there is no triathlons to compete in and if we don't do triathlons in practice, are we triathletes?

I had not done a triathlon from 2015-2019, and was mainly swimming. I was not calling myself a triathlete because I no longer had the ability to do a triathlon (I was excusively swimming so only a swimmer). Now I can do all sports again, so the days I string togetherr a triathlon of any order I am a triathlete (ex bike to pool, swim bike back, go for a transition run). Other days when a triathlon is not going on, then I am single sport. In total, I am multi sport. Thoughts....is someone a triathlete without doing triathlons?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To add to my question. Is Cam Wurf racing the Vuelta a cyclist or a triathlete. Same thing with Lionel going for Canadian Hour record. These are top tier UCI sanctioned events. its about as high as it gets for the single sport!
Quote Reply