Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Life saved at 70.3 St. George
Quote | Reply
Article on guy who survived heart attack at race. I think he's in his early 60s and seems relatively health based on his race history. https://www.thespectrum.com/...qmmY_WorjK_vgQOnfJjU

I posted in other thread that my friend (more a friend of a friend) performed CPR on racer who collapsed. Glad to here the guy is alive and in good spirits. He's got the stubbornness and determination of an endurance athlete: 1) collapsed earlier and waved off EMT so he could finish 2) asked if he could finish the race in ambulance 3) plans on coming back to finish

I know it's been said many times already on this forum but please get checked out especially if you are at higher risk (family history, middle aged man, etc.).

Also for everyone, learn CPR. It's easy. Heartsaver CPR for non-medical, BLS for medial people.
Quote Reply
Re: Life saved at 70.3 St. George [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hubcaps wrote:
Article on guy who survived heart attack at race. I think he's in his early 60s and seems relatively health based on his race history. https://www.thespectrum.com/...qmmY_WorjK_vgQOnfJjU

I posted in other thread that my friend (more a friend of a friend) performed CPR on racer who collapsed. Glad to here the guy is alive and in good spirits. He's got the stubbornness and determination of an endurance athlete: 1) collapsed earlier and waved off EMT so he could finish 2) asked if he could finish the race in ambulance 3) plans on coming back to finish

I know it's been said many times already on this forum but please get checked out especially if you are at higher risk (family history, middle aged man, etc.).

Also for everyone, learn CPR. It's easy. Heartsaver CPR for non-medical, BLS for medial people.

Wow, what a rush it must have been to try to safe this guys life.
I guess the responders all just wanted to get to the finish line to learn if he made it.
The DNF rate does look high to me.
Did see many walking, more than I recount from other 70.3s.
Lack of racing experience or just the hard course?
Quote Reply
Re: Life saved at 70.3 St. George [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very good news!

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply