Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Life insurance for ‘cyclists’
Quote | Reply
I see Health IQ advertising special rates on Life Insurance. Do you guys recommend this? Or can someone educate me on this subject?
Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Life insurance for ‘cyclists’ [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have any children?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Life Insurance should be a part of a comprehensive investment strategy.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Life insurance for ‘cyclists’ [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes children.
I know I need Life Insurance now, but you guys have recommendations?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thatzone wrote:
Yes children.
I know I need Life Insurance now, but you guys have recommendations?

Yeah, go to a financial planner/advisor and figure out what you need based on your income, assets, retirement strategy, etc and work with the advisor to find the right policy(ies).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thatzone wrote:
I see Health IQ advertising special rates on Life Insurance. Do you guys recommend this? Or can someone educate me on this subject?
Thank you.

Not much I can educate you on, but for what it's worth I was able to get a great policy through the same company that I have other insurance through (home and auto). All the bundling really did make a difference in my experience.

💀 Fxck Cancer Endurance Team 💀
⚡️⚡️ PLUSH Global ⚡️⚡️

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used them. Basically they shop around and find you the best deal at the insurance companies. Had to do a very comprehensive in-home physical + blood work + EKG prior to giving me the best rates. I had a good experience and ended up with SBLI which was considerably less than I could get thru my other insurance company direct.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went through health IQ and they are middle men for Prudential and SBLI life insurance (those two companies were what we were offered at least). They basically try to get you the preferred rating and will ask to show your Strava account and race results (on top of a complete physical/bloodwork). At the end of the day I got a preferred rating...however, because they are the middle man, the process took a long time and i think I could’ve gotten the same rating going directly to sbli and prudential. Health IQ kept making minor mistakes like incorrect term length on the application, incorrect spelling of names, etc...and each time we caught a mistake, the whole application had to be re-reviewed by Health IQ underwriters AND the insurance carrier underwriters (this process happened a few times).

As I was waiting for both Health IQ and the mentioned insurance company underwriters to review the application, I went through State Farm (currently my auto and home insurance carrier) and ended up getting a preferred rate through them as well. Not quite as low as SBLI and Prudential (few dollar difference) but it was less of a headache so out of convenience, I ended up going with State Farm. My wife stuck it out with Health IQ because the rates were significantly lower through SBLI and Prudential for her, but it was still a headache of a process and took a while...maybe the Health IQ agent we worked with was slightly incompetent?
Last edited by: gesekee19: Apr 16, 19 14:49
Quote Reply