Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lets talk more Gravel Tires
Quote | Reply
I'm starting to see the casing on my rear tire. Currently riding the X'plorer Ush. I probably have 2,000-2,500 miles on them.

First off what do people generally do? Do you push the front to the back, the front still has some life, and just buy a new front? Or do you replace both? Or just replace the rear I am in tubes, but might go tubeless next round.

Also what are good slickish replacements? My gravel roads midwestern limestone and not that course. I have heard the G-Ones are good and fast but have a short lifespan. The compass are fast but not very durable. Gravel kings look like an option.

Most of my rides are about 75/25 gravel and pavement but sometimes 100% pavement. I'm not winning anything so I'm willing to take a bit more rolling resistance for durability. Keeping with the Ush is tempting but want to get other people's opinions. Finally, is there a huge difference between 35 and 40 wides? I couldn't go much wider.
Quote Reply
Re: Lets talk more Gravel Tires [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use either a clement MSO 36/40 for mostly gravel and the panaracer gravelking(non sk) for mostly pavement with the occasional dirt road both set up tubeless. It depends on the type of gravel you will be riding but if the front tire is worn in the center tread and you need something with grip for climbing it doesn't make sense to move it to the rear, so I'd just leave the slightly worn front and put on a new rear if I was sticking with the same tread pattern
Quote Reply