Quote | Reply
Post some pics of your SHIV please?

How do you find the sizing?

What do u love and hate about the SHIV?

Do tell.
Quote Reply
Re: Lets see your SHIV [CokeZero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I prefer Pepsi One. That, or real HFCS Coca Cola.
Quote Reply
Re: Lets see your SHIV [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let the build begin...

Last edited by: mile2424: Oct 30, 10 11:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sizing is fine if it fits you.
Love: It's fast, stiff and handles incredibly well for a TT bike.
Hate: nothing, but traveling with the bike in a bag or box is a little tricky. The nosecone assembly has to be taken apart in order to remove bars, and requires some competency and comfort with a wrench.

Pics in action:
http://hcphoto.smugmug.com/...1958258_s2WHS/Medium
http://hcphoto.smugmug.com/...0696049_iUWyD/Medium
http://hcphoto.smugmug.com/...0696312_xCjdV/Medium
Quote Reply
Re: Lets see your SHIV [mile2424] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your pic doesn't show up. :(

-------------------------------
Ignorance is bliss until they take your bliss away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Specialized cites in their catalog the preferred method for differentiating between frame sizes as measuring the toptube from headset to seatpost. Look in the catalog for the numbers. It's online.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that the forward seatpost?
Quote Reply
Re: Lets see your SHIV [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing to add of value, but had to say that your first shot is a great racing pic, as good as it gets!

------------------------------
Another IM in 2016 - hopefully..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty awesome looking pic!
I feel like the TT2 helmet might fit you a bit better though and looks pretty slick.
Quote Reply
Re: Lets see your SHIV [islandman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Nothing to add of value, but had to say that your first shot is a great racing pic, as good as it gets!

Yeah, that first picture is AWESOME.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Lets see your SHIV [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks - that was also way deep into the pain cave: second 30K TT of that day in 100+ degree heat. It took about a week just to stop sweating.

Btw, did you see my GF donut 'bonus' on the Mariposa FB post?
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Oct 30, 10 15:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hate you ;-)

I hope that it has Campy waiting (or Di2)

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Thanks - that was also way deep into the pain cave: second 30K TT of that day in 100+ degree heat. It took about a week just to stop sweating.

Btw, did you see my GF donut 'bonus' on the Mariposa FB post?

I did. With one week and one day until taper starts, I need that sort of motivation...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Let the build begin...

I know triathletes like to put lots of places to put "fuel" on their rigs (i.e bento boxes, etc.)...but you're going to put a "Buffet Caddy" on that thing? WTF?

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Yeah, that first picture is AWESOME.

Your seat is NOT too high :-)

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Lets see your SHIV [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Let the build begin...

I know triathletes like to put lots of places to put "fuel" on their rigs (i.e bento boxes, etc.)...but you're going to put a "Buffet Caddy" on that thing? WTF?

Quote Reply
Re: Lets see your SHIV [kmill23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great pics. Does the SHIV come with only one seat post? How bout the forward seat post?

Also will a rotor ring and 3D crank work on the shiv?

What do you guys do for hydration?

Our dealer is getting shipment in a few weeks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Great pics. Does the SHIV come with only one seat post? How bout the forward seat post?

Also will a rotor ring and 3D crank work on the shiv?

What do you guys do for hydration?

Our dealer is getting shipment in a few weeks!

Comes with both seatposts.

I do not *believe* the 3D crank will work, since the Shiv is BB30. But why you'd ever want to replace the S-Works crank, which is among the lightest AND stiffest cranks you can buy with the not particularly light nor particular stiff 3D crank is beyond me. Rotor rings will work fine.

Hydration - bottle on frame (aero or regular) & bottle cage horizontally between aerobars.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I do not *believe* the 3D crank will work, since the Shiv is BB30. But why you'd ever want to replace the S-Works crank, which is among the lightest AND stiffest cranks you can buy with the not particularly light nor particular stiff 3D crank is beyond me. Rotor rings will work fine.

Enduro makes a press in adapter that will allow you to use Dura Ace compatible cranks and another for SRAM. I have a D/A SRM and use the adapter in my SL3.

I agree with Rappstar though in that I would not swap out the Specialized crank unless I had to.

Kevin

http://kevinmetcalfe.dreamhosters.com
My Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is mine. I went with the bottle between the aerobars and Specialized aero bottle on the DT - thanks to Rappstar's advice. The small bag holds tire tools, CO2 cannisters and I have an additional tube strapped on top.
Notes: I didn't want to clean the house so I took it out back!
At least one duck thinks the Shiv is all that!!!
Yes, I have tall extenders on the bars. I have a sore neck so there it is.
After looking at this blown up pic I'm really rethinking the white bar tape. Anyone have good advice on cleaning them? I've tried everything I can think of. Maybe I'm just a sweaty filthy dude and should replace them every once in a while.
Finally...will be getting a disk and want something cool on it. Any suggestions?

Oh yeah: to answer your questions. I love just about everything about it. Just be careful if you sweat as much as I do to lubricate the bolts on top and make sure you WD40 or equivalent into the holes on the top tube for the cables.

Last edited by: The Wall: Oct 31, 10 8:13
Quote Reply
Re: Lets see your SHIV [nslckevin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I agree with Rappstar though in that I would not swap out the Specialized crank unless I had to.

Unless of course you have access to a C-Dale Hollowgram SISL/SISL SRM/Quarq. Then of course the SISL >>>> Specialized S-Works crank. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Lets see your SHIV [The Wall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks great...And your stack is fine and well within the tolerances that Specialized has established. Hell, Jens Voigt is at 150cm of stack over the basebar and Specialized had to created a special one piece spacer for him.

How do you like the Virtue aerobottle?

Bob
Quote Reply
Re: Lets see your SHIV [The Wall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your saddle is pointed down. It looks like shit, oh i mean shiv.
Quote Reply
Re: Lets see your SHIV [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I like the Virtue with one caveat: the top doesn't screw on but snaps on. If you are riding and use your mouth to pull the stopper you have to make sure you don't pull too hard to accidentally pull the whole top off. Not easy to do and shouldn't be a common problem but still possible. After a few trials its easy to use without much problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Lets see your SHIV [ancientdude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Comfort my friend...comfort. Thanks for being constructive. ;)
Quote Reply

Prev Next