Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Let's settle the debate about tubies
Quote | Reply
I think the only way to settle this once and for all is to get John Cobb back into a windtunnel (yeah it's not real world conditions but it's a start) and do some data collection on the whole thing. We can even include how much wind resistance is experienced by both as they stand beside their bike laying on the ground as other competitors blow by them.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's settle the debate about tubies [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think a rock fight would settle it.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Let's settle the debate about tubies [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he did the test and the Continental Competition tubular (whichever model costs $100 bucks) was the winner. It had the lowest rolling resistance and the lack of a lip made it the most aero. My friend gave me (slightly used) two of these last year, and I thought they were nothing special Sprinter 250's. Kind of funny when I realized the tires on my bike cost more than my cars.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's settle the debate about tubies [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A rock fight with a guy who has the Canadian shield in his own back yard...probably not a good plan. Although..I'm sure Texas has bigger rocks than everyone else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually...I can't take part in this rock fight...I live in a glass house and my insurance provider told me one more rock fight and they'll stop my coverage..sorry Tom. We could have a Nerf gun fight though..I have one of those (cat cupboard walking repellant)...or we could don a paid of blow up rock 'em sock 'em gloves and have at. Sadly I only have the clincher version of these and I'd likely get a pinch flat the first time I hit you..so I guess that's out too...damn..just when I thought we could settle things once and for all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And you threw the first stone?! LOL

Larry

Don't be afraid to ride too long or too hard. That's what cell phones are for. Rich Strauss
Quote Reply
Re: Let's settle the debate about tubies [letter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't actually throw the first stone..I sorta supplied the ammo though didn't I? My bad. Hangs head in dismay and goes back into his glass house to change into some cycling shorts...better use the basement this time..keep freaking the neighbour lady out.
Quote Reply