Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's see your ride! [type-B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
F your "budget" man, those wheels cost more than my whole bike.

As the saying goes, though, "smoke 'em if you got 'em."

Props on a sweet ride.

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you like those bar grips? I was thinking of getting something along those lines as the white tape just keeps getting funky way too fast. Profile Design, right?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [ZackC.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZackC. wrote:
F your "budget" man, those wheels cost more than my whole bike.

As the saying goes, though, "smoke 'em if you got 'em."

Props on a sweet ride.

Borrowed the wheels :-) Someday I'll own a set of my own. Everything else is used. Entire bike for under 1500.

--------------------------------------------------------

It seemed like a good idea at the time. . .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where can I get grips like that? Or is it just nicely done electrical tape?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [jny243] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Profile Design aero grips. A bunch of colors, and I really like them. Kind of like mt bike grips, but narrower. I hate dealing with tape, so they work out well.

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [bad_funn72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love them. They are great, don't move, pretty cheap and hate dealing with tape. Lots of colors - esp in the red/black/white color scheme, will change them for next year but won't go back to tape for sure!

Yes, they are PD.

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Re: removing decals;

I'd actually considered that - and now want to actually do it after the constructive prompt. BUT - I cant at all see or feel the edge of what I thought would be a "sticker" type decal. How are these normally put on? Are they at all removable? ANy advice? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Class? Anyone?

Thanks all.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [coltank17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coltank17 wrote:
jbank wrote:

I take the frame bottle holder off to race.

Are you able to stay on your seat, or do you ride half the time on the top tube?

You can look and see for yourself. Feel free to criticize at http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread
Sorry, I don't demo riding half the time on the top tube in the video. Perhaps if you
make a salient contribution I'll give that a try for you ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [jbank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The salient contribution was already made, you're just too proud to take the criticism. Your saddle is too high. Lower it and level out the saddle. Argue if you want, but the only reason you're able to ride that setup is because you tilt the saddle down. And you're spending energy keeping yourself perched on it. It's a poor setup of a fine bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, that's pretty funny. Read the contents of the thread I posted. I think it
is pretty clear I'm not too proud to take criticism. I agree that my saddle
looks too high in the video. I setup the Adamo recently and guess I didn't
adjust enough for the difference in height from my old saddle. I originally
tried it level (and presumably too high) and read that I should experiment
with tilting it forward a bit, so I did. I'm only about 2 weeks into the new
saddle, so I guess I took the photo mid experimentation.
Last edited by: jbank: Sep 7, 11 20:09
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [jbank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adamo typically recommends tilting the saddle slightly nose up when riding steep. Nose down means you're using your forearms and shoulders to keep from sliding forward off the saddle.

Your new position looks much better than the original, but your hips need to move down and slightly forward.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [RFXCrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the advice. When you suggest that my hips need to move down and slightly
forward, is that simply a matter of setting the saddle up lower and slightly more forward
on the rails? Or do I need to adjust something else to achieve that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no they don't…

http://www.ismseat.com/videos.htm

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huh, could have sworn it was the other way around. I installed mine over a year ago, must have been thinking of a different saddle. My bad.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my new '12 specialized tarmac pro sl4.

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will the grips work on aero bars that do not support an integrated cable? In other words, will they be able to slide over both the aero bar and a shifter cable? There's no specs on the PD site regarding their inside diameter size.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RFXCrunner wrote:
Huh, could have sworn it was the other way around. I installed mine over a year ago, must have been thinking of a different saddle. My bad.

youre thinking of the cobb vflow and plus
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah my ZBS bars aren't integrated, and they work fine. I think they are better than tape that way. But they work well for sure.

Brent

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [jpflores] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That tarmac is sick! Love the new paint scheme.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [FastFanatic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks....i've always loved matte black bikes. Got lucky that the bike I wanted, with the spec I wanted happened to come in my fave color scheme. Rides pretty nice too. :)

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [teebles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is a better pic of the bike bag...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [El Kabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is hilarious.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks - the straw feels low when I'm on it...haha but I think the next purchase will be the Torhans system. I really like having my drink that close, plus the bars that I have and my position on them (narrow and the extensions are pretty short too) makes it uncomfortable to have a bottle mounted horizontally. But the aerodrink is away for the season, and hopefully ever....don't worry Jack. Last time with it that long - promise! :)

Brent

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply

Prev Next