Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's see your ride! [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Nice Slice! Here's mine... rear cages are just there for training.

Nick
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Nickwisdom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks great. I need to put the double cage on the back again. It's ugly but at least works for training. What an amazing bike though. Love it!

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [motopsycha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uh oh...I hope you brought your flame retardant suit.

Don't worry, I think they're sexy :)

Eli Curt

I'm Professionally Amateur. Are you? Become an ambassador today!
Chimps in Training!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nickwisdom wrote:

Nick

Great photo and great looking bike (and nice Speedpack, by the way). Where was the photo taken?
Would you mind if we post this photo on a bike gallery we putting up our website?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Livetotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just keeping it real with parts from the '70's through today.

bonus points for picking the parts from each decade.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [motopsycha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That frame looks sort of familiar ...

Is it a GT?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the frame is my creation, my other hobby besides work and training.

a blend of steel and composite construction.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Nickwisdom wrote:

Great photo and great looking bike (and nice Speedpack, by the way). Where was the photo taken?
Would you mind if we post this photo on a bike gallery we putting up our website?

Yes, feel free to use the photo if you like.

The picture was taken in Newport, Rhode Island. The stretch of road by the beach there is a favorite of mine for early morning interval workouts.

And great product by the way... I can fit a spare tube, multi tool, patch kit, 1xCO2 and an inflator in there without any trouble. I have no idea as to the actual aero-ness of the product, but it sure as hec looks a lot more aero than any other bento box I've ever seen, fits a lot more in it than the other aero looking options on the market, and the hard plastic interior keeps it from flopping around and rubbing into my legs. Very well made product, and it's definitely found a permanent home on my bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback, and thanks for the photo.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

cage behind saddle for training only.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nickwisdom wrote:

Nick

What are you using for the Aerobar mounted bottle? If it's the XLAB Velcro thing, how stable is it?

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [blanco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blanco wrote:

What are you using for the Aerobar mounted bottle? If it's the XLAB Velcro thing, how stable is it?

thanks

Yes, its the Xlab Velcro thing, and its quite stable. Not as cheap as a zip tie, but works very well.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [MyBailey07] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Orbea makes such beautiful bikes
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [maherr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

----------------------
TriAnotherDay.com
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [maherr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

yep, I'm a road cyclist!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [terminus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ive been meaning to add to this for a long time. I have a heavy cycling background so I like my bikes =)

Niner Air9 sz 'L' aka: "Xterra Machine" Ranges from 21 to 22.5lbs depending on how I have it setup.

The Road Bike. A 2008 Cervelo Soloist sz 58, I bought with a broken stay and repaired myself, then re-painted in the back yard. My friends call it the "Dumpster Cervelo", haha. I put the most mile on this bike.

TT/Tri Bike: 2008 Cervelo P3C sz 58. Cancellera world campion edition. This ones new to me so no nick-name yet. If anyone wants to trade me some black egg brakes for these red ones lmk!

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [VWN8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like you choice for an Xterra ride![/url][/img]

I also have a bike problem. Here's some of the other rides in the stable.[/url][/img][/url][/img][/url][/img]

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [njc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's the 105 version. I couldn't justify the extra $600 for a marginally better group. I will be slowly upgrading to force derailleurs and a red crank with the 900 TT shifters as these parts wear out but for now, they serve my needs very well.

I can't say enough good things about the frame though. While the design has been around for a while now, it is a proven geometry and is quite easily one of the most comfortable bikes I tested. I also rode the Trek SC 7, and the Blue Triad and this bike blew those out of the water in terms of comfort. Also, for the short torso / long led type (such as myself), the geometry is perfect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice! Is that the hi-mod version or did you upgrade the gruppo to red?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beautiful Cervelos. I love that p3. What was wrong with the stays? and how did you fix it? just curious
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [timskee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the kind words!

The repair was done on the Soloist, the P3 was purchaced new. The previous owner of the Soloist/P2 broke the drive side seat stay a couple inches below the brake. I did the standard composite fix:

1) grind away damaged material and feather the edges of the hole
2) manufacture a boot and attach it to the INSIDE of the tube
3) apply patch pieces largest first and compress while the epoxy dries
4) apply a little filler if needed then one last piece of carbon (cosmetic)
5) sand and paint

I used 2 part marine top side paint that i had from another project. Its wearing really well and the repair is solid! Im 200lbs and I have a couple thousand miles on it.
Last edited by: VWN8: Jun 13, 11 19:40
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [tri-tele] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lot of reflectors on those bikes, bro! ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
VWN8 wrote:
Thanks for the kind words!

The repair was done on the Soloist, the P3 was purchaced new. The previous owner of the Soloist/P2 broke the drive side seat stay a couple inches below the brake. I did the standard composite fix:

1) grind away damaged material and feather the edges of the hole
2) manufacture a boot and attach it to the INSIDE of the tube
3) apply patch pieces largest first and compress while the epoxy dries
4) apply a little filler if needed then one last piece of carbon (cosmetic)
5) sand and paint

I used 2 part marine top side paint that i had from another project. Its wearing really well and the repair is solid! Im 200lbs and I have a couple thousand miles on it.

jeez, nice wrenching - now I feel more inadequate than ever about my inability even to properly true my own wheels!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [tblake84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was thinking of moving some of the 105 components to DA, as you when they start to wear.
But now the new Slice is on the horizon I'm tempted to wait a few months. But this frame sounds so good not sure if it's worth waiting.
Do you find the bars ok, I already have some vision carbon clip ons for my road bike and might put those on, so might look at replacing the base bar at the same time. Any point or is the cannondale one good enough?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [tblake84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tblake84 wrote:
Nice! Is that the hi-mod version or did you upgrade the gruppo to red?

Its the standard version, I just tweaked a few things on it. I replaced the stock chainring with the SRAM TT ring, and then changed the cranks to SRAM force. The rest of the gruppo is the stock SRAM rival which I also have on my roadbike and am quite happy with. I may slowly upgrade some of it to red along the way, but I'm not in a big rush. I also changed out the base bar and extensions to the Zipp front end. Mostly as I got the base bar for a steal from a guy that won it in a bike shop raffle and had no idea what it was worth, and I HATED the PD T2 stupid extension/elbow pad combo that constantly slipped after every single bump you rode over. Much happier with the Zipp front end.
Quote Reply

Prev Next