Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's see your ride! [greenmtnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Road bike/ trainer bike/ commuter bike
Taken at a gas station from my phone as I was waiting out a storm with thunder and lightning
Yes those are powercranks....but thats for another thread!

Ill get the TT bike on here sometime too.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [PBFLRacing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is my new frame, i decided i wanted something having ridden my Madone 5.2 for a while now and these were such a bargin i just couldent resist. I know a lot of people are unsure about the quality if these bikes so i have taken the liberty of doing a write up of my expierience to share with you on my blog:
http://rapidperformancecoaching.blogspot.com

Overall i love it and i hope to have some great times riding it, im just waiting on my new zipp stem to go with the seatpost and bars which are awsome, its the new service course stuff and i can highly recommend it.

Will get a confirmed weight when i get it all complete but its in the 16 pound range at the mo.

[url=http://img96.imageshack.us/i/imag0298m.jpg/][/url]
[url=http://img827.imageshack.us/i/imag0299j.jpg/][/url]
[url=http://img593.imageshack.us/i/imag0300d.jpg/][/url]
[url=http://img11.imageshack.us/i/imag0301f.jpg/][/url]
[url=http://img192.imageshack.us/i/imag0302e.jpg/][/url]
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [danny4xboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is what I ride:

But I do have a bikeshop...

http://www.maggieroses.com
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [maggierose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your Parlee = love!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like the simple and understated paint on the parlee.

Are the people that run the 'paketa' bike company russian?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha! I actually live just down the street from your shop off of Old Kings Rd.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Jamaican] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[/img]

2011 Cannondale Caad10
2008 Cannondale 29er 2
2011 Felt Da
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hot Parlee.. I ride the TT too. I like your custom paint scheme better!

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Jamaican] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dude, that is a sweet ride. i think those "entry level" Giants are completely under rated.
i love my alum bike, but that's because there wasn't a Giant dealer nearby.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [middlepack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She finally arrived eh? Happy for you man. Now I don't feel so guilty for buying your old B2 off you! ;)

----------------------
TriAnotherDay.com
Last edited by: VanDrunken: Jun 3, 11 8:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More pics of the Felt! It's sweet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, so, so gorgeous. Seen a couple in person and no photo does it justice, but bottles behind the seat OH MY!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Lou3000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

My 2011 Slice 54 in its current race trim. It has Speedplay pedals, I just have the platform adaptors on them in this photo. Studying for the bar exam is expensive (as if law school isn't expensive enough) so no "race wheels" yet although I do have two sets of Shimano R500 wheels, one that I use for racing (and keep clean with race tires on) and one that I use for training (and beat up and use crappy tires on). So I guess you could call these my race wheels. I am 5'11" but have the legs of someone who is 6'2" and the torso of someone who is 5'7" so finding a bike that fit was difficult. It was between the Slice, the Trek SC 7, and the Blue Triad. I couldn't get on a Blue to try it out and I found the Trek to be a really harsh ride. Once I got on the Slice, it was night and day. I love this frame and the 54cm size fits me like a glove. I am looking to pick up a Hed Jet 6/9 wheelset and then I will begin swapping out components and turn this into a SRAM Force bike. FYI, for those looking for a saddle bag that fits around aero seat posts, the XLab Tire Bag fits the bill quite nicely. Another suggestion for those that use aero bottles: lose the rigid straw and get a camelback tube with a bite valve... best thing I ever did. I can keep my eyes on the road and I'm no longer afraid of puncturing my neck if I go over a pothole.

This is my road bike. It's a hand-built frame made by me... I finally got it right on the fourth try and a lot of wasted tubing (even the slightest mis-alignment in the dropouts and the bike doesn't track correctly). The fork is a cheap steel fork I took off a Schwinn and powder coated white and the components are a mix of Sram, Shimano, and Nashbar - which are basically rebranded Microshift components. It's heavy (25lbs) but has served me well and I was using this as my triathlon bike until a few weeks ago when I got the Slice. Now it will be my group ride / foul weather / crit bike. 50 miles or more on this bike though and you won't walk for a day... next time I build a bike frame, I won't use such large diameter tubing on the seat stays.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Lou3000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lou3000 wrote:
So, so, so gorgeous. Seen a couple in person and no photo does it justice, but bottles behind the seat OH MY!

I wish it came with two bottle mounts on the frame . I use maltodextrin for IM and carry two bottles per 56m plus aero bottle for water. Not sure how else to do it. I'm not a fan of the torpedo mount for the front bottle

2011 Cannondale Caad10
2008 Cannondale 29er 2
2011 Felt Da
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Updated pic with new wheels, bars and saddle. Bike is done and so much fun to ride!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [triphish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She's race ready for this weekends Grand Rapids Half Iron tri.[/img]

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Brandon_W] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brandon_W wrote:

Wow, this bike makes my Ora look like a beach cruiser...

Sweet Ride!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. She's pretty slick. At first I wasn't happy about the bosses on the Seat Tube - there are none on the Down Tube. Since I only race short course I just rigged something up front & now things are gravy :)

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Canyon93108] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canyon, what may I ask is on your bar ends? Is that some sort of tape set up, or does the carbon color scheme just have black and white? Nice bike...

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what rear hydration is on this? i like how its tucked up closer to the seat.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [boilerup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's not my ride, only wishing it was.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [triphish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triphish wrote:

Updated pic with new wheels, bars and saddle. Bike is done and so much fun to ride!

Woah she's gorgeous!!

----------------------------------------------------------
2011 Cannondale Slice
Eat. Sleep. Swim. Bike. Run. Win
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [SC_NICK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SC_NICK wrote:
what rear hydration is on this? i like how its tucked up closer to the seat.

This is what I have. http://www.trisports.com/miniwing.html I think it looks more horizontal because of the way I had to put it on my seat rails. I couldn't fit the bag in between without it being too annoying so I just keep my flat kit in a bottle in the rear.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice, thanks. That's the one I was looking at getting. You just sold me on it. I currently have one if the profile design units but its just to far back to reach the bottles when I'm aero.
Quote Reply

Prev Next