Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't remember if I posted in here yet. Here's what I had for B2B:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Certainly not as sweet as most of the bikes here, but it's more than enough for me...

Brad

3SIXTY5cycling.com
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Danielg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Too funny! My friend and I saw that in transition on Friday before the race and had one hell of a laugh. Hope it treated you right!

Tony
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hahaha, love the Renn and Stimpy wheels. Classic.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got this about a month ago, really tricked out, sry for the iphone pics, i wish i had more time to take good ones....

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Does the DA version come with S-Bend Aura extensions? Stock pics show ski bend. Mine should be here sometime in January/February!

I think it does come with the Aura. I'm sure that any dealer worth their while will be willing to swap out the extensions for you without question.

I was considering the Brezza II, but since this is essentially my first "TT bike" I decided that the adjustability of the Mistral trumps any small aero benefit.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [triknight92] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is gorgeous.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
hahaha, love the Renn and Stimpy wheels. Classic.

+1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's mine.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [WappidWojj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very, very nice! Love the paint. Nice use of red "highlights." I like.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I had a little time on my hands after machining the end off my finger making some bits for it so in the "down time" whilst it was healing (they couldn't stitch and close and I didn't want it amputated so lots of patience) the paint happened.

Some ideas and sketches I'd done combined with the help of a great airbrush artist in the UK called Sam Hubbard turned it into reality. Since these were taken I've de-stickered the wheels making it a little more stealthy. The cool thing is that in flat light or when the sun is hiding it just looks black with a blue smudge and the "Argon" lettering completely disappears.

I'd bought all the bits to build it up along with some items that were coming off my previous bike so once the paint was done I really enjoyed putting it all together after the unexpected delay in proceedings!

It 'aint no faster, but when I'm having a tough day it makes me smile which has to be worth something.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very nice, low key yet stunning paint job. One of the best I have seen.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Dark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Need to cut the steer tube....
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [ctknight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wife's new ride: she hates big tubes, hates cartoony graphics, likes the way steel bike looks

So: Soma Smoothie frame, 3T bars and stem, seat post that she won in a crit this year, Shimano 105 all around, and sweet white cable housings

we do need to upgrade that fork though. It weighs as much as the frame! I know weight doesn't matter much but DAMN ;)

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steel frame, steel fork, and..... carbon bottle cage? Yep, you don't care about weight :-)

Shouldn't you get her to remove oh, eight or ten of those spacers?

Can't say enough good things about the 105 group, though. May not be as flashy or precise as the others (I race mostly my SRAM equipped bike), but my 105 has been through hell and back in two winters and still performs well.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Kiaerskou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any stability problems riding that front wheel on a gusty day? Mavic says it's just for the track. I know Jan used one and so have a couple of other pros in the grand tours, but I don't recall any of them winning anything.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only a few one offs here. This one isn't all that rare, but no one else seems to be riding one. Makes it easy to find in transition.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's a couple of my Argon18, frame purchased off classifieds on here.

----
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That paint is sublime, nice job. Where did you get the offset arm pad spacers/adapter for your Attack bars? They look like they're bare aluminum, are they custom made? I'd love to get my pads back a little further.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Azr43l] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks

The brackets for the arm pads are home made as a result of that age old problem, a good aero position 'aint worth toffee if you can only stay down for 15 minutes at a time. The idea came from seeing the E114 where the pads are right back near the steerer tube. I had got to a reasonable position and wanted to move the pads back to make things more comfortable and reduce the load on my lower back, not being the most flexible person around here.

They are made from 10mm ali and could probably get away with being made from 8mm or maybe a piece of thick carbon at some point. That said, I could easily lose much more weight off my belly and butt before doing any more work on them. Call it work in progress. I started by cutting a piece of plywood and fixing it to the bars with washers as spacers then moving the pads around until they felt comfortable. Once they were in place it was a case of "join the dots" to make the pattern and start drilling, cutting and milling although having access to a mill was not essential but a great time saver.

As I've conditioned myself to the change I have since taken the spacers out from the front and there is plenty of adjustment available. Getting off the bike more relaxed in the lower back showed in an improvement on previous run times and overall fatigue. . . . . .. . . . .. . .. . .. . and as you probably guessed, too much spare time and I quite enjoy tinkering about in the workshop with the bike too! :o)

Give it a go and see how you get on, you'd be surprised how you may improve your comfort level for a longer ride without having to change the overall riding position.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cousin Elwood wrote:
Only a few one offs here. This one isn't all that rare, but no one else seems to be riding one. Makes it easy to find in transition.
[image]https://files.me.com/cousinelwood/izbnju[/image]

Love the Accel! I had that same turd brown beast and raced the balls off it for a couple of years. I was shocked to see the pricing of it now though....yikes. I think I paid maybe $500 for it new back in the day, now it's $1,100!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Danielg wrote:
Can't remember if I posted in here yet. Here's what I had for B2B:

[image]http://www.rhce.us/tripics/feltb12/smallpicimg_0073.jpg[/image]

Hahahahaha. Renn and Stimpy! nice. Or did Renn Felt Stimpy?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that is so sweet!

bet one could angle down their ski bend extensions relative to pad level with something like that

now where did i put that machine shop of mine. . . . ;)

bltrl swmmng, ch rdng- ride the chode -, ch rnng
enjoy life, be thoughtful, ohm
Native American Up
nujeff_2 challenge: pull yourself up by your Vibram straps
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [nujeff_2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first TT bike. P3sl. Custom paint job from the guy I bought it from. Im really thinking about stripping it down this winter and repainting it while I'm upgrading a few things.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr Seuss
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [rokmnky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply

Prev Next