Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's see your ride! [DrPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a good plan...assuming you have a personal coach. If not, then the 5k you were gonna spend is for nothing. Just my opinion.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [IdlersRest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Sounds like a good plan...assuming you have a personal coach. If not, then the 5k you were gonna spend is for nothing. Just my opinion.

That's in the plan too.

I'm an inexperienced triathlete but an experienced roadie, and I fully understand the distinction between making purchases that will increase your speed and buying cool stuff for your bike because it's just so damn fun. :)
Last edited by: DrPete: May 6, 09 5:33
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DrPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Steel´s real.

1995ish Gitane Mach 310

Columbus Gara tubing.

Improvised FF tri post and Fisik saddle
Mavic Cosmic Expert 30mm clincher wheelset with a Wheelbuilder cover
Ritchey Probiscus bars with NOS GripShift 7-speed.
Shimano 600EX (?) groupset, Biopace crank. Keo pedals.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My 2007 Specialized Tranistion Pro was stolen a couple of weeks ago so this is my "new" bike. I bought the bike minus wheels from another STer.

The rear wheel is a homemade disc converted from a Mavic Aksium training wheel. I cut the discs from flat ABS plastic sheets and bonded them to the wheel with Spray foam insulation. And yes it does make the ominous rumbling sound just like a "real" disc.

http://i39.tinypic.com/97l74w.jpg
Last edited by: paul_tx: May 6, 09 15:30
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [paul_tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
My 2007 Specialized Tranistion Pro was stolen a couple of weeks ago so this is my "new" bike. I bought the bike minus wheels from another STer.

The rear wheel is a homemade disc converted from a Mavic Aksium training wheel. I cut the discs from flat ABS plastic sheets and bonded them to the wheel with Spray foam insulation. And yes it does make the ominous rumbling sound just like a "real" disc.

http://i39.tinypic.com/97l74w.jpg

Fascinating... Do you have more pics of this? I'd be interested in more details.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I can eat 21 plus a deep-fried turkey!"
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Mr. Blonde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have any more real close up pics but I can get some. It's not the prettiest thing up close. My next one will be nicer looking and hopefully lighter.

When I have time I'll detail what I did, it's not hard or even as messy as you might think, anyone can do it if they can find sheets of ABS plastic that's not too thick (heavy).
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [TriCat13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's mine just back from a 56 mile ride as a warm up for Florida 70.3. Too windy to run a disk around here for the most part.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My new ride. Slightly used.
http://gbsps.freeshell.org/.../Cervelo_P2SL_ME.JPG

And the previous owner. Anyone recognize this guy?
http://gbsps.freeshell.org/...000/Cervelo_P2SL.jpg
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [inaba116] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow does not get nicer than this, crazy nice. Enjoy.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New pictures of the current stable.

Cervelo SLC - New custom full aero chainrings. Yes both rings are full aero. Currently 13.68 lbs.

Giant TCR Aluminum - Upgraded to Sram Force. Higher handlebar position for longer rides and chainring off of the SLC. 13.87 lbs.

Pedal Force MT XC - Upgraded to ZTR wheels and XTR disc brakes with Ashima rotors. Weight of build is currently at 18.54 lbs and I am playing with the rear derailleur to see if I want to run a 12/27 on the back matched up with my 44t/30t front.

Giant TCR Aluminum - Winter/Trainer ride. 34t spiderless chainring and set up as a 1 X 10. Custom shifter mount for something different but it works amazingly well. 15.06 lbs.

Last edited by: BMAN: May 9, 09 16:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [nujeff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

[/quote]

Just finished assembling my new frameset with John Cobb approved 165mm cranklength, slowman approved 80*+sta, reverse pull levers, pd saddle, tool bottle, 50X34 chainrings, 12/27 cassette, and long cage rd, and jackmott approved pad risers...

And i have hairy legs to boot- Look out 'Hills of Houston' now.....

Thanks to Cervelo Customer Service and my Local Cervelo Bike Shop

- Jeff

goals, personal:
- under same username post st rr of Kona m80-84ag mop, tail end of the dopers finish
- shoot age from tips on par 72
- beat SuperDave in one-on-one
all within single wk- Viva Chopin, Fryderyk; Faulk, Peter; Helmsley, Sherman; Palillo, Ron; Rogers, Fred McFeely; Sanford, John Elroy; Snuka, Jimmy- and the water bottle isn't half fuller on the other side
Last edited by: nujeff: Jun 28, 09 9:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Here was my set up for IM CDA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Just finished assembling my new frameset with John Cobb approved 165mm cranklength, slowman approved 80*+sta, pd saddle, tool bottle, 50X34 chainrings, 12/27 cassette, and long cage rd, and jackmott approved pad risers...

And i have hairy legs to boot- Look out 'Hills of Houston' now.....

Thanks to Cervelo Customer Service and my Local Cervelo Bike Shop

- Jeff

Why are your handlebars pointing down?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Raptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw it on a bike manufacturer's website once.

It's a bit more comfy for me, plus I don't care for how upward turn base bars look with the brakes pointed downward.

Just a personal thing...

goals, personal:
- under same username post st rr of Kona m80-84ag mop, tail end of the dopers finish
all within single wk- Viva Chopin, Fryderyk; Faulk, Peter; Helmsley, Sherman; Palillo, Ron; Rogers, Fred McFeely; Sanford, John Elroy; Snuka, Jimmy- and the water bottle isn't half fuller on the other side
Last edited by: nujeff: Jun 28, 09 9:55
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Roughster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very nice- what kind of bento is that?

goals, personal:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No wonder you didn't KQ, you were dragging a f'ing convenience store!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its taken about a year to save up for all the parts, but I finally got it together (today!). She's fast (a lot faster than the roadie on training wheels i was riding at least), and im working on the engine, but I dunno if I'll ever quite live up to its legacy..

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
very nice- what kind of bento is that?

That is the Fuel Belt Aero Bento. Worked great!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Raptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
for downforce on technical courses

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [jfanny88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of the most unique in this forum.....
Either you're sponsored by Fuji but hate the D6 or you hate Cervelo.....
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Armstrongs bike when she raced for Lipton before lifeforce/test team.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thats a heck of a picnic you packed there. The only thing missing is the tablecloth!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Armstrongs bike when she raced for Lipton before lifeforce/test team.

yup, she donated the frame to a bike shop and I picked it up on ebay
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [jfanny88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just swapped to RED, picking up from the LBS this afternoon!

Quote Reply

Prev Next