Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's see your ride! [Fusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Loving all the P4s! Built one up myself over the winter.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Flak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flak wrote:
I know they're good bikes, but i could never own a Cervelo....every man and his dog has one.

I didn't want to buy one for that exact reason. Then I tested a bunch of bikes and bought a Cervelo anyway.

Last edited by: Changpao: May 31, 18 17:59
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [sergio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did you get the rear 808 laced "campagnolo style" ? Not a genuine zipp rim ?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [tripot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Made it myself,

Its a vision ceramic hub, the rim is a chinese copy of a zipp 808. it was the only option for that hub (other than of course buy a vision rim) to have a pair of wheels that actually look alike ;)

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My new Speed Concept.... haven't ridden it yet but can't wait!

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Z28Diddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet paint job! It might be a bit long in the tooth but the Speed Concept is still one of the best looking and one of the fastest (if not the fastest) bikes made.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dated but still plenty aero.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Nazgul350r] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Z28Diddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's a really nice bike. have fun. what events do you do as i'm curious about how you'll use those wheels.

$0.02
i gotta believe that Trek keeps this alive with only iterative changes forever, or at least until tri consumers actually ask for disc brakes. i think its "peak aero" because the storage gives its a nod over the P5 or Canyon.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! The bike is certainly faster than I'm capable of riding it. Recovering from shoulder surgery from a crash back in March so will be a bit before i can ride it still. I was going to do imtx but the crash squashed that. Now looking at Santa Rosa next year. Nothing planned before that yet, as i just don't know when i can really get back out there. I had Enve 7.8s with a Powertap on my old bike (still have them, trying to sell). This bike has the quarq pm so I don't need the pt hub. Thought I would try these wheels out for a bit. If I like them maybe get a disc cover for race day. If not, sell them and look for something else.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
found a "new" '15 P3 frame-set for a price I couldn't pass up...just finished it up...

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Classy looking whip with the gum wall tires and 1 x setup..looks great
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zooropa wrote:
found a "new" '15 P3 frame-set for a price I couldn't pass up...just finished it up...

+ 1 for the 1x, +2 for the skin-walls

- 1 for going smaller than a 56 chainring, -1 for the stem spacers (pedestals would have been +1)

+ 1 for leaving the blue protective film on the rear der. only if on purpose, -1 if didn't know that comes off.

Nice bike... turned out good.
Last edited by: Andres: Jun 21, 18 20:37
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Andres...love the scoring...

Although I would have gone -10 for the film/sticker still on the RD...I’ve have this on 2 different bikes...and hadn’t even noticed...😳. Thanks!

So far I like the 50t...i actually wanted 54...but it’s a 110bcd crank...so 50 was the max...

Steve
Last edited by: zooropa: Jun 22, 18 3:44
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to ride the Eyre Tri that was just like that bike, but with different geometry and areobars. I loved it. Yours is such a cool road bike.
Fleck wrote:
My ancient rig. 10 Year old Cervelo Eyre Road. It's so old that that I regularly get asked if it is a new Cervelo model. This was Cervelo's first serious attemp at a road bike and is obviously the grandfather of the current line of Soloist bikes. I am hoping to turn this into the beater off-season bike this year after I get a new Cervelo R3.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Sergio,

How did you fix that bento box to the top tube of your P4? Did you use double sides tape? And if so, does this leave a residue on the frame?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Timmetje] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have some electrical tape directly on the paint then yes dual sided tape. I also instaled some isolating foam tape (???) to the bento box to cover the diference between a round tube and a mainly flat bento box bottom.

I already removed the box and all tapes to make a better final "job" so it works pretty well and never had any problem.

S�rgio Marques
Sergio-Marques.com
Last edited by: sergio: Jun 22, 18 5:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Sergio!
That sounds smart, electrical tape to protect the tape. Do you maybe have a close-up of the setup? Do you notice any movement of the box during riding (eg when riding out the saddle)?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Timmetje] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure ill have some shots,

No never, i already raced and trained a ton of miles in hills, bad surface, cobble stones, etc and its totally secure, of course its not the same as a bolted box. Im pretty sure dual sidded tape will damage the paint if youre not very careful when removing it.

Oh also i cutted the dual sided tape in half and glued a bit apart from the center of the box to try to make that gap between round and flat even smaller and provide a bit more leverage in the side to side movement (not sure you can understand what i mean).

S�rgio Marques
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got the Tririg Alpha One installed and switched from etap to di2 to get rid of the bulky and unreliable etap blipbox

Quote Reply
Post deleted by gianlucap [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a terrible thread for me to be reading. I need to leave now.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [gianlucap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice!

Looks fast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you zooropa! I hope to go fast like the look of my ride!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like:
Tririg system (Stem+Brakes)
Wheels
Rear saddle emergency kit
Quote Reply

Prev Next