=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [sergio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

My new to me 2015 Trek Speedconcept 7.5
I know the saddle is tilted upwards a bit here, fixed it afterwards.
Last edited by: Tri_Joeri: May 31, 18 3:30
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Fusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Loving all the P4s! Built one up myself over the winter.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Flak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flak wrote:
I know they're good bikes, but i could never own a Cervelo....every man and his dog has one.

I didn't want to buy one for that exact reason. Then I tested a bunch of bikes and bought a Cervelo anyway.

Last edited by: Changpao: May 31, 18 17:59
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [sergio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did you get the rear 808 laced "campagnolo style" ? Not a genuine zipp rim ?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [tripot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Made it myself,

Its a vision ceramic hub, the rim is a chinese copy of a zipp 808. it was the only option for that hub (other than of course buy a vision rim) to have a pair of wheels that actually look alike ;)

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My new Speed Concept.... haven't ridden it yet but can't wait!

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Z28Diddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet paint job! It might be a bit long in the tooth but the Speed Concept is still one of the best looking and one of the fastest (if not the fastest) bikes made.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dated but still plenty aero.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Nazgul350r] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Z28Diddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's a really nice bike. have fun. what events do you do as i'm curious about how you'll use those wheels.

$0.02
i gotta believe that Trek keeps this alive with only iterative changes forever, or at least until tri consumers actually ask for disc brakes. i think its "peak aero" because the storage gives its a nod over the P5 or Canyon.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! The bike is certainly faster than I'm capable of riding it. Recovering from shoulder surgery from a crash back in March so will be a bit before i can ride it still. I was going to do imtx but the crash squashed that. Now looking at Santa Rosa next year. Nothing planned before that yet, as i just don't know when i can really get back out there. I had Enve 7.8s with a Powertap on my old bike (still have them, trying to sell). This bike has the quarq pm so I don't need the pt hub. Thought I would try these wheels out for a bit. If I like them maybe get a disc cover for race day. If not, sell them and look for something else.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the Canyon has an integrated storage where the seat tube meets the top tube

anyways, still one of the best looking bikes out there and peak aero for sure

dsmallwood wrote:
the storage gives its a nod over the P5 or Canyon.
Last edited by: Fenton: Jun 2, 18 6:46
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Fenton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, that is a beautiful bike. The custom paint job is phenomenal. Love it.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Misery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 [url=https://ibb.co/f1HgfJ][/url]

Dahon folder with bullhorns, 2x10 drivetrain and Magura hydraulic rim brakes. Fast and practical, and a but different!

-------------------------------
Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.

BMANX
Last edited by: Barchettaman: Jun 20, 18 1:45
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm interested to know how the brake cables will hold up to the abuse of being folded/unfolded. I rode a Brompton for many years and it was a cable eating machine with the outers prone to cracking before the inners gave.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The rear hydraulic line will take a bit of a kicking and I will have to keep an eye on it.

-------------------------------
Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.

BMANX
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here she is. I call her salt and pepper. My first tri bike and I love this machine. I am trying to decide if I want to upgrade some more things on it or if I am going to upgrade to a new frame and build from there. My body fits the plasma frame perfectly so I would be looking at the plasma premium frame. My bike is still hella fast and I love it I just don't know if the frame is worth upgrading with better components. Any insight?

Current Upgrades:
Zipp 404/808
Zipp Vuka 110 Bars
Plasma 5 Storage Box

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [stevenruns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My 2016 Speed Concept 9.5 with Boyd wheels.

Last edited by: alexanderzlenz: Jun 20, 18 8:15
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
found a "new" '15 P3 frame-set for a price I couldn't pass up...just finished it up...

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Classy looking whip with the gum wall tires and 1 x setup..looks great
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zooropa wrote:
found a "new" '15 P3 frame-set for a price I couldn't pass up...just finished it up...

+ 1 for the 1x, +2 for the skin-walls

- 1 for going smaller than a 56 chainring, -1 for the stem spacers (pedestals would have been +1)

+ 1 for leaving the blue protective film on the rear der. only if on purpose, -1 if didn't know that comes off.

Nice bike... turned out good.
Last edited by: Andres: Jun 21, 18 20:37
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Andres...love the scoring...

Although I would have gone -10 for the film/sticker still on the RD...I’ve have this on 2 different bikes...and hadn’t even noticed...😳. Thanks!

So far I like the 50t...i actually wanted 54...but it’s a 110bcd crank...so 50 was the max...

Steve
Last edited by: zooropa: Jun 22, 18 3:44
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to ride the Eyre Tri that was just like that bike, but with different geometry and areobars. I loved it. Yours is such a cool road bike.
Fleck wrote:
My ancient rig. 10 Year old Cervelo Eyre Road. It's so old that that I regularly get asked if it is a new Cervelo model. This was Cervelo's first serious attemp at a road bike and is obviously the grandfather of the current line of Soloist bikes. I am hoping to turn this into the beater off-season bike this year after I get a new Cervelo R3.

Quote Reply

Prev Next