As shown 5960g / 13.14 lbs.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMANX = the OG cause of bike envy related drooling
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have some Elite Crono bottles on the way. The Berk saddle is amazing to ride, the new (to me) lightning cranks are great and the custom bonded bar/stem is fantastic while out of the saddle sprinting and climbing. This thing is a rocket on the downhills.
Last edited by: BMANX: Aug 21, 14 15:44
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [scofflaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What bar did you use for the AOD setup?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMANX you really tempt me to send another seatpost to Slovenia, and a set of handlebars. Glad you like the crankset. I'm glad it went to a good home.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Professor Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I could do the bars all over again I would seriously have gone with the new ENVE SES AERO ROAD BARS and have them bonded to the ENVE stem. That would also give me the ability to use the Aero RD Bar Clip-On when I wanted.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The cranks are awesome but I have to adjust my cleats just a few mm to not hit the arms but I am also running narrower spindles on my Speedplays so I might go back to standard length which will avoid the rubbing on the arm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you planning to cut the excess handlebar?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Cyronman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not sure what I am going to do. I only had enough bar tape to do one side so doing it this way I just had enough. I never ever use that part of the bar so why tape it and I might cut it down a little bit. I will experiment with the tape. The tape only goes 2-3 wraps around after the brakes as I do not need it on top.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the same bar, and just cut it right about where your tape stops. After I did it, I almost regretted it because it looks like its too much. It's starting to grow on me and seem normal now, If I had to do it again I would probably still give maybe 1/2 inch more.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Cyronman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chaos also cut his bars but I can't remember how much he cut his. I will cut them at some point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw that, I've just followed your builds for a while and was curious as what you would do.

I can understand being hesitant with the custom bar and all, another reason I asked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Canyon Ultimate CF Sl 9.0 Aero. A bit heavier than yours this comes in at 7.15 kg. Size 56/M frame. Got it in early July and absolutely in love with it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome ride. I'm working on my all in one 2012 Cervelo S5 VWD today. Waiting on some spacers for my P2M crank.Parts list, 3T Zefiro aero drop bar installed, going with my tri rig sigma brakes and extensions with DA-7970 Di2 bar end shifters. I still can't decide what to do about bar tape. Leaning toward black, but maybe pink or orange below the huds only. Don't comment on seat height/angle or stem length. Bike fit/adjustments soon.

Last edited by: kppolich: Aug 23, 14 11:56
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [kppolich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not the sexiest or best staged pic, but here's one I just took at the IMlou expo earlier today just prior to bike dropoff. First TT for me so in my mind it's amazing. Upgrades down the road..but for now here she is..

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [kppolich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking very forward to seeing how your build works out.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [scofflaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scofflaw wrote:
skullyrush wrote:
Not a lot of Fuji action in this thread, so here's my 2014 Norcom Straight 2.1

It seems as if a new color was invented when they painted that bike

thanks for posting a Fuji

I'm not so well-versed in saddle types, what've you got going on there? did hotman637 photobomb that saddle before you snapped the picture?

Don't hold me to it but it looks like a Dash saddle ... http://www.dashcycles.com/tri-saddles

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally got the front end in satisfactory aero form.

/Howie Nordström
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [lllusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This one I got all my "rides" in one shot.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We caught up with average age-grouper bx3, prior to his participating in the Canadian Iron 226 event this Saturday. He was kind enough to let us photograph his bike. bx3's bike is a NOS 54cm 2004 Cervelo P2K (9 speed) with 650 wheels. He picked up the bike in 2007, his third year of multisport competition. The bike has remained "stock", with the exception of an H3 front, and Wheel Builder Aero-jacket, up until 2014, where it was upgraded somewhat with new aero-bars, brakes, cassette, chain, and cabling. bx3 is approximately 5'10" and will be racing at 155 lbs this year. The bike in it's previous iteration has powered him to nearly identical back-to-back 5:17 splits in the 2012 and 2013 editions of the Esprit Triathlon.

bx3's 2004 Cervelo P2K, with Hed 3 front wheel, and Wheelbuilder Aero Jacket rear wheel.

What the wind sees

The front-end of the drive train is a 53-39 Ultegra crank, with 105 front derailleur. Look Keo pedals are attached to the 172.5mm crank arms.

A 9-speed Ultegra 12-27 rear cassette is actuated by the Ultegra rear derailleur.

The pilot's cockpit. Carbon 3T Aura-Pro base bars with alloy lazy-s extensions. A Cateye wireless computer provides feedback. Jagwire cabling throughout provides crisp shifts.

A Profile-Design aero bag is currently stuffed with 8 gels, a cliff bar, and 2 tabs of Gu-Brew ready for the upcoming 180km ride.

Alloy TRP levers are trusted to help actuate the speed.

Stopping power provided by a set of NOS OEM SRAM Red calipers, front and rear.

Primary hydration during Iron distance events is provided by the Profile Designs Aero-Bottle mounted up front. A standard bottle cage on the seat tube is for back-up hand ups from on-course bottle stations.

Smooth rolling 320 TPI Vittoria Open Corsa Evo CX tires keep this rider grounded. (Custom packing tape application seals the valve opening)

Another custom piece of hockey tape holds the wheel magnet for the Cateye in place. (4 years and still holding).

A Cervelo carbon seatpost connects this rider and his stock Selle Italia saddle to his ride. The dual seat post attachment is in the forward position. A saddle bag tucks in behind and holds a pump, chain tool, multi-tool, a set of levers and a spare tube.

The bike and rider, in action during the 2012 Esprit Triathlon, and featured on the Home Page of the Esprit website.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally took a weekend to get back to my wind tunnel approved 25° bends. The Ventus' proprietary mounts made it a little challenging, but nothing a conduit bender couldn't fix.

excuse the "trainer" setup.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Professor Chaos wrote:
This one I got all my "rides" in one shot.

Are you a) a Specialized fanboy or b) a Specialized employee?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know which one but I will leave it up to him to tell you.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [bx3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Might have had 5:16 splits without that straw sticking up in the air.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am an employee. I have a Cervelo S2 for sale btw. :) I've been changing all my bikes out and it's the last to go.
Quote Reply

Prev Next