Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's see your ride! [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
Please, please tell me that you are going to get the seat/post combo from Jure and I think you should find a cool carbon stem that works and get a bar/stem combo as well. That would be so sick. Did you cut off some of the bars at the end and if so how much. I do not like how long mine are. Would love to see some addtional pictures.

I am contemplating both things. I cut about 2cm off my Vuka Sprints if I remember correctly. They were definitely too long. I need to but my S-Works AeroFlys down on my Allez too. I've been slacking on that, but since it's the beater I mainly just beat on it, instead of work on it.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Professor Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bought my first road bike today. About to go for a 25 miler on it. Super amped to get more into cycling.

I have a rear 404 but it's being shipped to Zipp to make the hub 11 speed compatible.

The Home of Advanced Running
Advanced Running Instagram Page
My narcisstic training log
Last edited by: justarunner: Aug 14, 14 18:23
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [thechromedome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow! That's just incredible.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ready to throw some new stickers on the wheels.

Last edited by: ndredsox: Aug 15, 14 18:37
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just had a full service and got new wheel set and chain installed for Malibu Tri & Ironman Mallorca. It feels quick, shame my legs are not! At least I look fast. :)[/img]

My Blog - My Tweets - My Strava
My Bikes - CF SLX, 622SLX, O-1.0, AL9.0, 4.3Disc, Slice BI, C60
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice. You have me looking at steel framesets now, thanks a lot.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [TMorris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TMorris wrote:
Very nice. You have me looking at steel framesets now, thanks a lot.

Thanks. I built up a Surly Pacer for my Dad for his 65th birthday earlier this year (his first new bike ever, he has been riding my hand me downs since he started riding 25 years ago) and that got me looking. I looked at lots of options I was looking for:
1. Steel
2. clearance up to 33mm tires to allow cross tires or Jack Brown tires 3. geometry that fit me

The Surly is nice, but I really like the flexibility that the BMC offers for tires. The Surly can just squeeze a 33mm tire the BMC handles it with plenty of clearance. If the Surly geometry and tire clearance works it is a good option.

Kona makes a complete bike with the Honky Tonk that offers similar tire clearance, but I've always preferred to buy frame sets and build bikes up how I like and the 9 speed and tighter frame clearance on the Honky Tonk were a deal breakers.

All City Cycles has some nice options. The Mr. Pink is similar but I wanted an English BB and the BB30 bottom bracket on the Mr. Pink was not ideal.

That led me to the Hampsten Strada Bianca (which also has similar clearance as the BMC) but couldn't justify the $2k premium over the BMC.

In the end the BMC was the only frame, short of custom, that fit my needs. The price was right and I snagged the last 56cm light blue frame Mike had.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Runorama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice!! i love the homemade tulas

to get more modern geometry you could turn this seat post 180deg - or switch for a profile ffwd post - to move the seat forward about 5cm, and this allows you to get a flatter stem (adjustable is best since you will keep getting lower). I did this on a 62cm 650c cannondale and it was an amazing difference - comfort and speed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Professor Chaos wrote:
New road bike. 2015 SW Venge

Sofa King Proper
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [KEAU] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. I took another pic of her on today's ride.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
your cranks aren't at the correct angle.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Runorama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seems like there should be a song that goes with it?

Runorama wrote:
90s flashback. Here's my Trek Hilo 1000. $600 of 60cm 650c love!

Gipiemme Tecno 416 front, Rolf Vector rear with cover.
IRC paperlite plus 20c tires.
AOD setup (28 cm wide)

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [skullyrush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
skullyrush wrote:
Not a lot of Fuji action in this thread, so here's my 2014 Norcom Straight 2.1

It seems as if a new color was invented when they painted that bike

thanks for posting a Fuji

I'm not so well-versed in saddle types, what've you got going on there? did hotman637 photobomb that saddle before you snapped the picture?

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
Black Mountain Cycles Road Frame from Mike Varley's eponymous shop.

Exceptionally well thought out build. Did you have to source those really long drop Tektro dual pivot brakes, and if so, what are they like?

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [scofflaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oddly enough the color had to grow on me but now I really like it. The saddle is a Dash Tri.7, I can't say enough good things about the saddle and my interactions with Weston over at Dash.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Not mine but I saw it in a local forum.
Not sure how it rides....
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Exceptionally well thought out build. Did you have to source those really long drop Tektro dual pivot brakes, and if so, what are they like?

Thanks.

These are the standard reach (47-57mm) model R359 brakes and like most of the Tektro brakes, the pads suck. So I replaced them with Kool Stop Salmon after the first ride and they work much better. They are not Dura Ace power, as there is some noticeable flex, but very good.

These brakes open up a bit wider than the Shimano standard reach option which is why I selected them. That additional opening width allows me to use 33mm tires (Jack Brown or 'cross tires) and still retain the ability to remove the wheels without deflating the tires.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks jmh, really interesting. Enjoy the bike! I'll also be posting a steel build on here soon, an Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra in Columbus SLX that has some very interesting provenance.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Older Giant TCR

Paduano Caligola

---------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.onelesshiker.com
http://www.twitch.tv/1horsepower
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
campled wrote:

Not mine but I saw it in a local forum.
Not sure how it rides....

Bamboo? That is a thing of beauty!
We have a guy who makes bamboo bikes in Vancouver [Grass Frames], they claim the strength to weight ratio is similar to Carbon and much tougher.

res, non verba
Last edited by: RoYe: Aug 18, 14 18:40
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [RoYe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a sick bike. Also, I am from Vancouver originally, so it is cool to hear that interesting/different bikes being made in my hometown. Next time I am home I will have to go checkout them out!

“To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.” – Steve Prefontaine | http://www.kirstyjahntriathlon.com | twitter: @kirstyjahntri
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [KirstyDSmith77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is my new 2015 Shiv with Zipp 900 and 808 race wheels!

“To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.” – Steve Prefontaine | http://www.kirstyjahntriathlon.com | twitter: @kirstyjahntri
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [KirstyDSmith77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My BMC TM01 on the trainer.

Timex
GU Energy
Twitter
Last edited by: corduroy: Aug 18, 14 19:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

2015 Foil 10. I need to get a better pic.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Philosoraptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do y'all post pics without seeing the script? I use photo bucket and every time i post pics I get the script under the picture.

Thanks
Quote Reply

Prev Next