Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's see your ride! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Terrible picture quality but finally got a hydration setup that works. Now just waiting for my darkspeedworks bag to finish it off.

I Wanna Ride!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Betonblack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's mine in, more or less, full battle dress

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [SurfingLamb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any more shots of the Deda Bandito bar setup? Don't see those very often. What did you do about armrests?

Quote | Reply
I'll get some more shots later today.

I like them alot. The armrest pads mount directly onto the basebar - which at first seems uncomfortable and unstable - but you get used to it pretty quick.

That said - there's a few things I don't like about it:

The cables on the extensions for the shifters are not internal. You have to mount them tight underneath the extensions and tape them before they go in and out of the basebar. Looks ghetto and you'd expect a lot more from a base bar that's supposedly this high end.

Not a huge deal - but the stem isn't adjustable at all. There are different degrees you can set it - but I honestly can't tell the difference between any of them.

I'm considering looking into a different front end set up later this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [SurfingLamb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [beavertriathlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Professor Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is today no-tape-day? ^^^3 bikes posted today
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [TriathAlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriathAlon wrote:
is today no-tape-day? ^^^3 bikes posted today

I have tape on my extensions. I just don't have any on the basebar. I am mostly in the aerobars so I don't see the point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who needs bar tape? Heavy, gets dirty, needs replacing, less aero. Nude carbon FTW.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What JTolandTRI said.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JTolandTRI wrote:
Who needs bar tape? Heavy, gets dirty, needs replacing, less aero. Nude carbon FTW.

I use skateboard deck tape (aka anti-slip tape). It's basically adhesive sandpaper. Super grippy, low profile, doesn't get dirty, durable and weighs next to nothing. An added bonus is that it's abrasive on the hands, which provides an extra incentive to stay in aero position.

CodyBeals.com | Instagram | TikTok
ASICS | Ventum | Martin's | HED | VARLO | Shimano | 4iiii | Keystone Communications
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Cody Beals] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right. That sort of thing does work nicely on a bar with no turn-up.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love the pics of the cool bikes with S bend extensions.

But we need more pics of old man bikes like mine that have ski bends higher than the saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [jillian_o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4 years old, and still going strong (I love this stiff frame that much that I also have a 2nd one as trainingsbike). Equiped with a Dura Ace 7800 group with SRM, 44/55 chainrings (for hilly 70.3 races with 14% climbs a have a 42T in front and change the rear sprocket for a 25-13T instead of 23-12)

New things for this year:
-Removed my huge Aquacell hydration system, and replaced it with a much cleaner solution: horizontal homemade 500cc bottle with a straw, refill option and SRM mount: no leaking water, and bombproof (on speed bumps, traincrossings etc)
-Normally I'm using 2x HED.3 wheels for alround racing; now I have an additional Corima Aero 50mm frontwheel for windy days, a 100mm Planet X front wheel, and a Pro2006 disc for flat races (I have to get decals for that wheel). So I can choose the right combination for each race and wind conditions

Quote Reply
Post deleted by MR2014 [ In reply to ]
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New rig for 2014 - fitting tomorrow, hence bars have not been cut down yet and spacers still in place. Cervelo P5-6, Hed Stinger 9 tubulars, 3T straight bars, Sitero Pro - I'll be adding my usual Osymetric rings to her in due course. Not looking forward to the headache that's involved in setting them up....almost wish I didn't prefer them!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you not sweat or ride in the rain?
Because people that sweat and/or ride in the rain need bar tape.
Nude carbon FTC (for the crash).
good luck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hard to read tone on the internet, but mine was somewhat pink. I can totally understand both sides of the grip tape vs. no grip tape choice. I've never lived or trained in a hot/humid place which would likely leave me slipping all over the bars and rain normally = gloves with rubber grip. Very personal choice with no wrong/right answer.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Cody Beals] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cody Beals wrote:
JTolandTRI wrote:

I use skateboard deck tape (aka anti-slip tape). It's basically adhesive sandpaper. Super grippy, low profile, doesn't get dirty, durable and weighs next to nothing. An added bonus is that it's abrasive on the hands, which provides an extra incentive to stay in aero position.

But you can exfoliate while climbing!

Quote | Reply
GLOVES!!!! I forgot people used those!!!!!
-intentionally not pink-
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New S3 2014 with components from the 2008 R3-SL I sold. Frameset arrived Thursday, built it Friday, rode it yesterday.

This is the perfect bike for me. It does everything very well with little compromise. The ride is as smooth, yet stiffer in the BB, then the R3-SL I had; it is nearly as aero as an S5, yet accommodates 25mm tires and cost less than either one of those. Frame is 1150 grams with the BB installed. Complete bike is as built 15.3 lbs with nothing really weight weenie.

Built with Dura Ace 10 7900 because I like mechanical and am far too invested in 10 speed. And I already had everything.
The Quarq S975 is from from my tri bike while I am waiting on a Elsa (upgrading from a Quarq Rotor 3D I had on the R3-SL.)

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My road bike after pre-sportive prep this weekend.

Using wheels and powermeter from race bike.

On the internet, you can be anything you want. It is a pity so many people choose to be stupid.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [chrisbint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is great. I am getting a new road bike later this year and the new S3 is near the top of a short list. I love the red/grey paint. Makes it look a totally different bike to the S2.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Philosoraptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My new CR.301. Not as fancy as most of ya'll, but the first new bike I've ever bought, so I'm pretty excited!

Quote Reply

Prev Next