Prev Next
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [eazyc10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is what came already mounted on my bike. Works well for me

Joe C.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [JoeC NYC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't seen too many of the women's Cannondale Slices in this thread, so I figured it's time to contribute. Granted, the only difference is the paint scheme. This one is about two years old. Please ignore the dirt on it.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [PJmanster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice bike. I love the black on black with the touch of red.

If it ever stops raining I will take a few nice pics outside of mine.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [Jamie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's mine...

Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [eazyc10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love these bike threads
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [rycyt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here mine is.

I got it last year. I quickly got rid of the OE seat and got and Adamo and otherwise trained and raced it stock. This winter I used it on the trainer in the basement and changed out the nearly straight bars for some more comfortable shorty bent FSA bars. I switched the shimano pedals over to speed-play pedals (probably one of the best improvements I could have made no more IT pain) I added the speedfill and a rear bottle carrier. The HED 5-7 set I got is great, it handles great and gives me a 2+ mph average over the stock wheel set which is now my trainer/crappy road wheel set.

Check out my ghetto custom PVC Cateye computer mount...

OH yeah and my super custom aero helmet

I do feel a little silly being a 40 year old man and getting happy about putting RC plane decals on a helmet, but I thought it was a cool look.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great looking helmet. Gives me something to think about.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [asad137] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's an update to mine (also posted in the "let's see your ride" thread):

Though since this picture was taken a few weeks ago I put on a TriRig Omega front brake and replaced the rear with an Apex caliper (the tektro ones I had on there weren't quite wide enough for the Flo's -- I had to shave a LOT off the pads to make those work).
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THANKS!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice bike.
Do the Heds really get you 2+ mph faster average than the standard wheels?
Was there a problem with the previous wheelset - out of true/dragging on the brake blocks, hubs out of adjustment or something?

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Nice bike.
Do the Heds really get you 2+ mph faster average than the standard wheels?
Was there a problem with the previous wheelset - out of true/dragging on the brake blocks, hubs out of adjustment or something?"

Thanks, yes they do. I ride the same roure all the time. I live in a very rural area with only 2 paved roads. I do the same out and back route all the time. The only thing that varies is the distance or the time, but I am always on the same road in the same conditions.

I usualy go for time rather than distance (1 hour is 30 minutes out and then turn around back home) Sometimes I ride for distance, usualy 56 miles for a race simulation.

I consistantly average 18.8 mph in all conditions with the Hed wheelset. The stock Shimano R50 gave me an average of 16.5. I am pretty meticulous with maintence. The stock wheels have no issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Source: http://fiveouncesofpain.com/...ast-fight-was-fixed/

--
USA Triathlon Certified Coach
Founder, Sports Bistro | Fuel Smarter, Play Harder
http://www.sportsbistro.com
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [asad137] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a nice looking bike!

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Just had a GURU DFU bike fit. Loved it ! Huge benefits. Power went way up and much more aero.

Brought my saddle more forward and a tiny bit higher. And changed to a Bontrager Hilo RXL Speed Dial saddle. Adjustable nose width make a huge difference in my comfort. Changed the angle of my read bottle cage. Now i can actually reach it while riding.

Raked out and lowered my cockpit and changed to all carbon. Moved my front bottle cage onto an Xlab Torpedo mount. Dropped almost 2 lbs !

Joe C.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Sorry, no front race wheel yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Was a basic Slice 5. Did a few mods. Hollowgram with quarq and 53/39 q-rings. Renn 555 disc, and an 88mm Chinese wheel on front. All Sram RED (brakes,FD,and RD). Zipp R2C shifters (which I LOVE!). 3T Brezza Base bar, Oval S-bend clip ons. 3T levers (uber light). Adamo Prologue saddle. -17 120mm 3T stem, Look Keo Blade pedals. Vittoria Corsa tubs.
Fun bike, did me well, but its a 56cm and its a bit too big for me, I'm going down to a size 54 slice rs for 2014.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [miner1098] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Be careful when I went from a 56 slice to a 54 slice rs as the are basically the same stack n reach the base bar on the rs was 100mm lower then my slammed 56 slice. I sold that bike and bought a 56 slice rs was 20mm more stack and only 9mm more reach. I suggest you ride a few first. Extension and elbow pad are adjustable the base bar is not. Nice bike by the way.

miner1098 wrote:

Was a basic Slice 5. Did a few mods. Hollowgram with quarq and 53/39 q-rings. Renn 555 disc, and an 88mm Chinese wheel on front. All Sram RED (brakes,FD,and RD). Zipp R2C shifters (which I LOVE!). 3T Brezza Base bar, Oval S-bend clip ons. 3T levers (uber light). Adamo Prologue saddle. -17 120mm 3T stem, Look Keo Blade pedals. Vittoria Corsa tubs.
Fun bike, did me well, but its a 56cm and its a bit too big for me, I'm going down to a size 54 slice rs for 2014.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see many of you mention converting the single rear mount bottle cage to a double. How did you achieve this?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Upgraded brakes and derailleurs to Ultegra, New Adamo Saddle, and Mavic Ksyriums. I love my new slice.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N." - Wooderson

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Will update with my Profile design rear bottle carrier installed..

You can't fix stupid ..
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [Mister944] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [BooneDog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is mine with new wheel setup : mavic cosmic 80mm

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Want to add a bottle between the arms yet.

Quote Reply

Prev Next