Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [PJmanster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here it is with the new Flos

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The wheels def set it off. Looks sweet !

Joe C.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What did you do with the cables to get the Speedworks bag up against the stem? Are they just out into the wind or are they fixed somehow?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [SinkCrashBonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wrap the the front velcro straps around the cables on my Slice, seems to work fine without any handling issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmmmm, my bag doesn't have front straps. Guess I'll have to figure something else out.
By the way, the paint scheme on that version is bad ass!
Last edited by: SinkCrashBonk: Mar 8, 13 13:42
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [rycyt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the going rate for a frame/fork/headset/seat mast on a few year old Slice? I have been eying one, but not sure what the market says as I have not seen any frame only sales on fleapays.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [kkcy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kkcy wrote:

Just got mine yesterday from another owner who had it for less than 3 months. Paid a total of $3400 for this. Ventus team, Q ring, FFWD trispoke and disc, Ultegra black, Fizik Ares. Yet to bring it out for a ride, can't wait!

Is that rear hydration setup from Cannondale?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old thread, but some new additons so I will add mine. I'm one of the only guys on this thread riding it in the rear clamp position. Since then I have changed the horrible Vision Tech Race bends with some nice Bonetrager RLX Race bend carbon clip ons work much better for my body dimensions.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you ride in the forward (triathlon position) on the seatpost location, you may run into difficulty in mounting a rear saddle hydration setup. I have a Cobb V-Max saddle -slid rearward- that can not mount the following Xlab series units--Mini and Delta. The Trax setup will not work either. The Beaker Concepts Hydro Tail works fine and I am awaiting for their retail production/availability of a single cage mount to bring everything closer to the saddle. Of course the Cannondale rear hydration mount works.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I actually ordered this model from my LBS. 3 weeks later they called and said it was in, and built (lots of delays on Cannondale's side with getting the bike in). I showed up to pick it up and this is what I saw:

Not quite what I had in mind. Apparently Cannondale has oversold the 105, so they gave me the Ultegra model for the same price. It was a bit of a conundrum. I LOVE the black/grey of the 105, but I'm pretty happy with the component upgrade. I suppose I'll take the uglier (relatively speaking) bike, especially since my first race of the season is on the 5th.

Right now it's stock everything aside from the Flo's (which would have gone nicely with the black/grey, my black kit, silver helmet and silver shoes, *sigh*). My white Adamo Prologue is going on, and I picked up a VisionTech TriMax Plus bar with 250mm extensions for $25 at the end of season sale at my LBS, so those'll be going on, and it's yet to be fit.

Now I just need a name. A Facebook friend suggested F'ing Space Ship, but I had to pass. The next suggestions was the FSS Yournotunique, which has promise, but, no. I do like the FSS idea, though. Any other suggestions?

--
Yes, I know it's grammatically incorrect. Blame AOL and their 90s-era character limits.
--
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [yournotunique] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yournotunique wrote:
The next suggestions was the FSS Yournotunique, which has promise, but, no.

Especially because it would perpetuate the same grammar mistake!

How about FSS HTFU?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [asad137] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asad137 wrote:
yournotunique wrote:
The next suggestions was the FSS Yournotunique, which has promise, but, no.

Especially because it would perpetuate the same grammar mistake!

How about FSS HTFU?

IT'S NOT A GRAMMAR.... ahhh, I give up. 16 years of trying to explain it, and I think I've finally hit my breaking point.

I do kind of like the FSS HTFU, though.

--
Yes, I know it's grammatically incorrect. Blame AOL and their 90s-era character limits.
--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yournotunique wrote:
IT'S NOT A GRAMMAR.... ahhh, I give up. 16 years of trying to explain it, and I think I've finally hit my breaking point.

Maybe you should make the explanation your signature...
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [asad137] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asad137 wrote:
yournotunique wrote:

Maybe you should make the explanation your signature...

That's actually not a bad idea. Think I'll take you up on that.

--
--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure this belongs in this thread, apologies if I'm cluttering the wrong place, but I have a hydration system question for the Slice. Is anyone using Cannondale's integrated seatpost cage mount (http://www.cannondaleexperts.com/...et--KP059_p_343.html) or are most rear-hydration system users mounting an x-lab wing, etc., straight to the saddle rails?

I have a 2012 Slice with an ISM saddle that's fairly far forward on the rails, so I have concerns about clearance issues - and my LBS was not inclined to open the x-lab packages to see if the Delta 225 would fit.

Also, wondering about both the integrated mount and the 225, it looks like they hold the bottle/cage lower than one would want (and, with the saddle being as far forward as it is and the 225's tilt, would it contact the rear of the seat post?).

In short - anyone using the integrated mount and what do you think of it?

(FWIW - I have the PD Aero HC, so just looking for a single bottle mount to refill that)
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [RIVTDC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am using it at the moment, but not sure if I'll continue to do so. I have a TorHans VR, and ordered a PD HC, but not sure how the HC will fit - I have short-ish extensions. So, for now, I'm using the behind-the-saddle. My problem with it, at least in the single bottle set-up, is that I have trouble reaching it without coming completely out of aero. Or, rather, I am unable to reach it without coming out of aero - it's just too horizontal and set back too far.

All that said, for training rides, it's fine. I have a Specialized RibCage on there and haven't lost a bottle (new bike, so not a ton of rides yet, but still).

--
--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am currently using the PD HC system with the cannondale mount in the back. It works fine, but sits a bit low and is hard to reach. I have ordered the PD RM -1 as it sits higher, and will be easier to reach, I have heard even staying aero.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RIVTDC wrote:

In short - anyone using the integrated mount and what do you think of it?

I now have the Cannondale single waterbottle mount with an X-Lab Gorilla cagethat securely holds what I put in it. It is low but I don't really care as I need it for longer training ride and during longer races it serves as a "spare" cage as/when needed. It is only 110 grams heavy which is very light for a rear seat mount. It is easy to switch from a single to dual rear water bottle carrier but I have never used such a setup outdoors.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will get some pics of mine up soon. Thanks for starting the thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I ordered the 2013 105 and got the Ultegra, I'd be pissed. The 2013 105 is one of my fave looking bikes out rt now. If they wanted to give me the black/grey paint job w/ Ultegra components on the other hand.....

"Sweep the leg...Do you have a problem with that?" - John Kreese
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev,

I have those awful race bends u speak of. This is my first tri bike. What makes them worse than others? I have to say my wrists get pretty uncomfortable with them, so I know something is wrong, I just don't know what.

"Sweep the leg...Do you have a problem with that?" - John Kreese
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [tdschnei] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tdschnei wrote:
If I ordered the 2013 105 and got the Ultegra, I'd be pissed. The 2013 105 is one of my fave looking bikes out rt now. If they wanted to give me the black/grey paint job w/ Ultegra components on the other hand.....

Yeah, I was, and still sort of am. But I'd been using a two-sizes-too-big road bike with clip-ons for 3 years, and my first race of the season was like 2 weeks away. It was either say no to the bike in front of me (with nicer components), wait an undetermined amount of time for the right one to come in (since C'dale has apparently massively oversold that 105 model; why they'd make the lowest model the nicest color is beyond me), and race some/most/all(?!?) of this season on my pretty uncomfortably fit road bike, OR, take the same frame with nicer components, but a paint job I wasn't as thrilled with, and get right to work getting used to it.

I decided to go with the latter. Besides, I can always get it custom painted.

--
--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think this is the perfect forum to discuss this rear mount system. It was one feature that sold me on the Slice. I originally had two Gorilla cages on the back, with a wing nut holding Co2 and valve. Now I'm using just one behind the saddle, and one zip tied to my stem. My bars are not long enough to mount further up, but it works for me. It is certainly a little hard to get a bottle in and out of the rear facing cage while riding. The gorilla cage holds my bottle tight and i haven't even come close to having one eject. The single cage sitting a little lower behind the seat allowed me to get a flat kit including a tube, tire lever, 2 x Co2, plus a valve under the seat nice and tight. They do not budge.

Joe C.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [JoeC NYC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I am in love with this bike !

Joe C.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just came across this for rear mounting water bottles - has anyone used this?

http://www.cannondaleexperts.com/...et--KP059_p_343.html
Quote Reply

Prev Next