Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Laura Philipp goes 8:34 in her first IM
Quote | Reply
As the title says. Today Laura Philipp went 8:34 in her first IM in Barcelona, after winning a bunch of 70.3s this year. Second place was 33min back

Splits:
Swim: 55:43
Bike: 4:42
Run: 2:52

She might be a Kona 2019 podium contender.
Quote Reply
Re: Laura Philipp goes 8:34 in her first IM [chrissie1993] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really awesome result! She will be dangerous in IM. Also glad that Jesper Svensson punched his ticket early!

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Laura Philipp goes 8:34 in her first IM [chrissie1993] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice result at the Ironman Drafting World Championships, at least for the age groupers....the Ironman Texas of Europe.

Seriously though she is pretty amazing and will do well in ironman racing, good for her. Can't wait till she races a big competition Ironman next year, but I bet she races Challenge Roth next July.
Quote Reply
Re: Laura Philipp goes 8:34 in her first IM [Spandexboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
less than 10 amateurs i think went sub 9 this year ...

philip is a great ironman addition and finally it looks like the german females arrive at the absolute world class at ironman with herself and one would assume v soon anne haug.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She did crush it. Saw her and ran with the second place woman For a bit on the run, they were cruising.

Regarding drafting, I really didn’t see much/any and rode a considerable amount of the race alone or well spaced from other athletes. Did see a few packs here or there but they usually had a moto on them and were breaking up.

2024: IM Hamburg
Quote Reply
Re: Laura Philipp goes 8:34 in her first IM [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anna s wrote:
pk wrote:
finally it looks like the german females arrive at the absolute world class at ironman with herself and one would assume v soon anne haug.

Don't forget Julia Gajer 6th IM WC in 2014 and 2015 and Anja Baranek 4th in 2016.

Philipp's time is amazing though, especially since she had a foot injury this year.

i dont forget them ,there was sonja with a 4th at world champs as well and wallenhorst, but in comparasion with the german males you know what i mean lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spandexboy wrote:
Nice result at the Ironman Drafting World Championships, at least for the age groupers....the Ironman Texas of Europe.

Seriously though she is pretty amazing and will do well in ironman racing, good for her. Can't wait till she races a big competition Ironman next year, but I bet she races Challenge Roth next July.

Pretty sure she will do Challenge Roth. Maybe going for a new (German) record.

Laura also has a YouTube channel now.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkJ1Sgtqj909kXj_kApY3rA

From the German Talbot Cox (Rene Domke aka Sportspinner).

Quote Reply