Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Late August Half...CATS Half, Paul Bunyan, Pigman, etc.
Quote | Reply
I am in search of a half-IM race in the later half of August. So far I have found the CATS half in Arkansas, the Paul Bunyan half in Michigan (which I have done before) and the Pigman half in Iowa. Does anyone know of any others? I'd love some feedback on the CATS and Pigman races...

I saw on the CATS tri website that their race is the 2003 USAT Pro National Long Course Championship race. That might be cool to see. I wonder if that will draw lots of people (racers and spectators)?

Thanks,

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Late August Half...CATS Half, Paul Bunyan, Pigman, etc. [Matt Thibodeau] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5430 Tri in Boulder, CO. It is Aug 24. It was a full and half last year, this year it has a half and a long du. I have heard that it is a real great race.

Rusty

"Strategy? The strategy was in the preparation" - Lance Armstrong after winning 2000 TDF
Quote Reply
Re: Late August Half...CATS Half, Paul Bunyan, Pigman, etc. [Matt Thibodeau] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
matt, i apologize for going off topic here, but i'm signed up for the paul bunyan race this year and was just wondering what your thoughts were on last year's event?

- The Who
Quote Reply
Re: Late August Half...CATS Half, Paul Bunyan, Pigman, etc. [sydnrusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Paul Bunyan race was well run and the course was nice, especially the bike course. It was on some mostly flat roads with good pavement through a wooded section of Michigan. If I had to guess, I'd say that there will be more people there this year than last...it had kind of a small race feel to it last year. I've done several races hosted by the PB race promoter and they generally do a nice job, but their prizes are rather weak. Overall, I'd recommend it if you're looking for a relatively small, well organized half in a very rural setting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Matt...I did the CATS 1/2 IM last year.....It was a well organized race.....no wetsuit swim.....hot and humid and lots of hills on the bike and run....part of the run is on trails....I thought it was a tough course, comparable to Buffalo Springs and Wildflower.....it is in a beautiful area of Arkansas....I will do it again, can't this year because I going to IMC....-Al
Quote Reply