Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lange to adidas
Quote | Reply
Now that Lange accidentally revealed his shoes in the triathlon taren video, how many adidas are you going to see at your next race?

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Lange to adidas [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He doesn't seem like a fan favorite outside of Germany, so I'll guess the effect will be minimal.
Quote Reply
Re: Lange to adidas [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They looked a bit like rebradged open mould sketchers
Quote Reply
Re: Lange to adidas [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He isn´t a fan favorite in germany either. Actually the most disliked german hawaii winner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Less than 4% more than the last.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't care how many adidas shoes show up at races but can we please all agree to not do finish line proposals like this tool?
"Be the record breaka"...lol please someone beat him
Quote Reply
Re: Lange to adidas [ilikepizza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL goo one!!

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Lange to adidas [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
They looked a bit like rebradged open mould sketchers
lolwat. The Adizero Boston? You're either trolling or you need to visit the optician.

ilikepizza wrote:
I don't care how many adidas shoes show up at races but can we please all agree to not do finish line proposals like this tool?
"Be the record breaka"...lol please someone beat him
All they have to do is beat the two consecutive times world champ and two consecutive times record breaker.
Quote Reply
Re: Lange to adidas [bentus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bentus wrote:
He isn´t a fan favorite in germany either. Actually the most disliked german hawaii winner.

Why is that? Serious q, seems folk don’t want to him, any reason why?
Quote Reply
Re: Lange to adidas [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could start by reading the long post-Kona threads here on ST about his tactics, then find the thread where some German report said Keinle and Jan were not fans.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Re: Lange to adidas [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why re Jan and Keinle? Is it because he’s beat them? Honestly a Q. I dont follow the german tri press so dont know.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: Lange to adidas [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You don't need to, there is a thread here on it (in english!) if you search for it

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don’t judge me if you see me at a race in my adidas. I’ve been racing in them since 2015...love them. They also make the most comfortable golf shoes for those golf guys.
Quote Reply
Re: Lange to adidas [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I don’t care that much/:)

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dont know who Bentus is, but Lange did win German Athlete Of The Year last year, so he must be liked by some people there

Most of the german contenders had really long careers with either gold medals, 70.3 championships, Roth wins, Frankfurt wins, Triathlete mag cover etc, so were already fan favorites before they won. Lange won the German duathlon champs 4 times and raced euro cup so was flying under the radar while getting faster.

bentus wrote:
Last edited by: lacticturkey: Jan 19, 19 2:06
Quote Reply
Re: Lange to adidas [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because he basically drafts the whole bike?? Litters and unzips.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
I dont know who Bentus is, but Lange did win German Athlete Of The Year last year, so he must be liked by some people there

Most of the german contenders had really long careers with either gold medals, 70.3 championships, Roth wins, Frankfurt wins, Triathlete mag cover etc, so were already fan favorites before they won. Lange won the German duathlon champs 4 times and raced euro cup so was flying under the radar while getting faster.

bentus wrote:

Good point.
And in fact he really won that one that award while he missed the Triathlon Award which is kind of a people choice award in Germany. The Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (one of the largest German Newspapers) usually doesn´t write much about trithlon but they also picked up on Langes story and asked the question why really no one likes him back in his homecountry. Further they even called his quite short yet very successful career a riddle which is not really explicable. Name of the article: Patrick Lange - The Triathlon Riddle (https://www.faz.net/...aetsel-15943892.html)

Anyhow, back to the topic.
First of all is the question if he really switched to adidas or not. Was there any announcement yet? Maybe he got rid of New Balance because he wants to improve his running skills without a shoe sponsor to make him free choice when it comes to his material.
I think that adidas is not yet really into triathlon and they might also not to sell their products specifically only to triathletes but they rather want to show their customers that ALL "good" athletes wear adidas. Doesn´t matter if runners, triathletes, football players or what ever. So for them the titel and fame that Lange currently has are more important to them than his PR since many of their customers don´t know how triathletes think about him. And maybe since adidas is still quite new to triathlon sponsoring maybe they were also not very well aware of this "situation". :D

Anyhow, I hope Lange keeps up the good results despite what the world thinks about him and that he helps to create a fair and clean sport.
Enjoy your Sunday rides
Quote Reply
Re: Lange to adidas [Chris_Mint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
interesting

So for Triathlete of the year Lange got second to Frodo. It was a rich year for triahlon with the possible the most fierce 70.3 champs ever and the fastest Kona ever in one year

Lange

German Sports Personality of the Year 2018
2nd place Triathlete of the Year 2018
Bambi Award 2018
Hesse Sports Personality of the Year 2018
Quote Reply
Re: Lange to adidas [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
unzips? lol

....psst.....your profile pic is competeing topless on the bike leg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
interesting

So for Triathlete of the year Lange got second to Frodo. It was a rich year for triahlon with the possible the most fierce 70.3 champs ever and the fastest Kona ever in one year

Lange

German Sports Personality of the Year 2018
2nd place Triathlete of the Year 2018
Bambi Award 2018
Hesse Sports Personality of the Year 2018

I like that.
Finally someone says something positive about that guy :D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you German? Or just asserting this?

Chasing PB Podcast Latest interview with Eli Hemming on Targeting a US MTR spot in Tokyo
Quote Reply
Re: Lange to adidas [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DBF wrote:
Because he basically drafts the whole bike?? Litters and unzips.

The zip rule is stupid
Quote Reply
Re: Lange to adidas [ChasingPB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
German here and one that is living quite close to Patrick (Frankfurt / Darmstadt) and who runs into him a couple of times a year let me assure you, that - while not my favorite - he is quite liked and even more respected. The three guys just adopted different roles (presumably according to their preferences):

Sebi - goofy, funny guy, he photobombed a selfie with Patrick and myself.
Jan - professional, yet very accessible, always friendly, quite a few people (myself included) a wearing Ryzon gear where he is heavily involved in and people in Port Elizabeth kept confusing myself with him - as long as they didn't see me race. He thought that was really funny.
Patrick - the typical German, a bit cold, very efficient, does whatever is needed, always composed a bit distanced.

That's pretty much it - of course you're much like to root for the clown or the friendly guy than the machine but in the end he does have his fan base and if you run into him he is always friendly and happy to chat, albeit a bit shy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'd be more likely to wear adidas because RunDMC wore them! I stopped wearing adidas as they weren't comfortable for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This change shows the difference. Patrick Lange left New Balance while Ben Hoffman 'left' Specialized.
Quote Reply