Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Landice or True treadmill
Quote | Reply
So yes, I want a Woodway... But, just like a (new) bottle of Pappy, a used Woodway has proven elusive...and I've read the F80/85 posts....

I'm between a Landice L8 (63"x22", 4hp DC), True P800 (60" x 21, 4hp"), Matrix T75 (60x22, 3HP AC motor), and maybe a LifeFitness T5 (3hp DC)
I think the warranty is better on Landice and True.
I'm in Maine and this is what the closest dealers (2 hours south) sell and service.

At the gym, I often feel the tread slip when I land on precor, cybex ,etc....so I jump to a different machine? I looked at a treadmill off craigslist (sorry can't remember the model) and it did the same thing so I walked away and have since been hesitant to purchase a used treadmill.

I'm 5'7 so maybe don't need the L8 but it has more of a commercial width than L7.
I don't need or want fancy features. It just needs basic go and stop buttons.
Anyway, with a $3-4K budget, am I looking at the right models?
Any thoughts on these and which might slip less?

thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Landice or True treadmill [funnylookingkid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 14 years on an L8 with zero issues. I run a lot and treat it poorly.
Quote Reply
Re: Landice or True treadmill [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have had an L7 for 10 years and it’s been excellent. I don’t mind the narrower width and I’m a fast runner.
Quote Reply
Re: Landice or True treadmill [J7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t know about the True but similar to you, my L7 is >10 years old and has over 8000 miles on it and I have done nothing in the way of maintenance, still working just fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
L8 here, no issues. It’s a tank. Have had it 2 years, no regrets.

You won’t buy one for 3-4K new though.
Quote Reply
Re: Landice or True treadmill [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Found one for $3895 - with more basic display module.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My work has commercial True treadmills. I wouldn't recommend the brand to anyone. They all broke within a few months. Most broke twice and, because they had already been fixed on warranty once, they couldn't get them fixed again on warranty. After that happened with one, the gym just let them break one at a time until they wouldn't operate anymore then they made a warranty claim. This way they could get more fixed during the one time warranty repair. It was frustrating because the part that broke first on all of them was a simple and cheap, but it could only be repaired by replacing the entire control head.
In addition to being garbage, they were not very comfortable to run on. The deck was an unforgiving rock. It was, and my opinion, worse than running on a road.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a ps800 and it’s great. Got it in early 2014 and it’s been a tank with my wife and I running a lot on it. I don’t get the point of a built in display these days, screens are too ubiquitous and I use a 40 inch flat screen with a fire stick so I just yell at it to change what I’m watching.

We probably have 10,000 miles on it varying between 10:00 pace for my wife and between 5:30 and 7:30 pace for me.

If you feel the belt slip that just means the treadmill needs to be lubed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Landice L7 for at least five years. Just over 3,000 miles on my user profile (not sure what my wife’s is).

It works just as well as the day I bought it. I would buy one again without hesitation. I’m 5’ 7”, 145ish. I’ve never wished I had more width (on the treadmill....).

My dealer talked me out of the L8. It’ was something to do with the L8 being designed for health clubs and the L7 being a home treadmill with a better long-term warranty.

I will admit to looking at the peloton treadmill and being intrigued. Not enough to get rid of my Landice but if I were buying new I would at least look at it.

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a True PS100, and it's into its 4th year of use without a single thing going wrong. I'd say that over the course of a year I do at least half of my total distance on it, which would be around 5000 miles so far. My wife runs around 10-15 miles a week on it year round, so add another 1200 or so miles. So, roughly 6.2k miles of trouble-free usage.

The thing I like about the treadmill is it can spin up to speed for faster intervals quickly - that was one of the big things I wanted when I was looking at treadmills. I also like the fact that is free of the 'gimmick' stuff like a built in fan or touch-screen. That's just stuff waiting to break.

I have no experience with Landice other than looking at their treadmills when I bought my True.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Landice or True treadmill [J7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
J7 wrote:
Have had an L7 for 10 years and it’s been excellent. I don’t mind the narrower width and I’m a fast runner.

me as well. Had my L7 for over 10 years and still going with virtually no maintenance. they are tanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I bought my treadmill 9 years ago, I was trying to make the same decision between the True and the Landice . I ended up going with a True and I got a belt that was supposed to be thicker to add more support. They also said this was one that was more geared towards fitness centers than towards home use. So I think it takes a beating and keeps working. I am a bigger runner with a thumping running style and I never had any issue with the treadmill. The first couple years I put a lot of miles on it for marathon training. Even got up to 18 miles. Plus I recently took a couple years off of the home treadmill, but started it up again and I have no issues. Never had to replace anything.

I don't think you can go wrong with either. It is just a personal preference. I have never heard of the other one.
Quote Reply
Re: Landice or True treadmill [muebele] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Landice L8 here. Bought it used from a personal trainer that rarely used it. Bought it for $1500 which is a steal. Got it serviced for $100 and run on it almost daily. Did a lot of research to decided between the same two options and went with the Landice.

Instagram or twitter me softly @xatefrogg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone for replying. Seems like no issues with Landice or consumer True models. I"ll let you know which way it goes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update - ran on a True, LF T5 and landice L8 with regular belt. Landice felt more solid, felt smoother, so that is the direction I'm headed.

One more question for the ST brainstrust.

Does anyone have experience with landice regular vs orthopedic belt?

Not sure if the shop is upselling me because that is what they have in their warehouse or if it is really worth the extra $$$.

I'm not finding any reviews or comments on regular vs orthopedic belts.

thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the regular. Reason was simple, it’s a treadmill, already wayyyy easier on your body than outside. So if you will run outside at some point, I see no need for even softer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Landice L7 regular. I got a refurbished one a year ago, and I absolutely love it. Solid, smooth and my pace on it matches exactly what I can do outside (I don't need to add the 1%). I now hate running on other treadmills. All that to say, I don't think you need any special features -- I'm nearing 50, and my joints are apt to remind of this all the time, and my weight fluctuates between 150 (race weight) and 160 (holiday parties), and the thing still feels great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a used Landice through a local dealer in the fall. He arranged a private sale between me and the original owner who had purchased it at his store. The advantage of doing it this was is the dealer performed a complete overhaul using the lifetime warranty for the original owner so that I got a freshly refurbished treadmill. He replaced the motherboard, control panel, and ortho belt. I forget what model mine is, total price was $2000 including delivery and a big mat to put under it.

Might be worth asking the dealer if he knows of someone looking to sell their Landice.

-Darrell

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Landice L7 pro trainer. I went to my local fitness store and ran 3 miles on the L7 and then 3 miles on the L8 (with the orthopedic belt). I didn't like the L8 because I felt the footprint was too big for the room I was putting it in and the orthopedic belt to me felt like I was bouncing on a trampoline.

I run Zwift with a stryd footpod and its pretty close to what I do outside. Happy with the purchase only cost 2999 new, delivery and assembly in room of choice.

I'm 5'9 and weigh between 160-180# and my knees don't hurt after hard interval runs anymore.

They have different types of consoles and thats how they get you. I got the bare basic "pro trainer" console which has stop and go, speed and incline and its fine to do intervals, fartleks, 400s, 800s, 1600s, whatever. The difference between that and the next console up was $500. I didn't feel $500 was enough to pay for the ability to type in a speed. Besides I have my iPad and I'm Zwifting the run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
funnylookingkid wrote:
I've read the F80/85 posts...

What was your takeaway from those posts?
Quote Reply
Re: Landice or True treadmill [OzTx3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this model programmable? I'd like to be able to program specific intervals with speed and incline. Also, how quickly does it respond to changes in speed?

OzTx3 wrote:

They have different types of consoles and thats how they get you. I got the bare basic "pro trainer" console which has stop and go, speed and incline and its fine to do intervals, fartleks, 400s, 800s, 1600s, whatever. The difference between that and the next console up was $500. I didn't feel $500 was enough to pay for the ability to type in a speed. Besides I have my iPad and I'm Zwifting the run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had an L7 for 12 years which gets a fair amount of use. Never had any maintenance done to it until 6 months ago when the console buttons started acting up. The repairman came and also said the motor bearing(?) was wearing out. He said for any make other than Landice he wouldn't recommend fixing the treadmill since the rest of the components would also wear out. He contacted Landice.

Landice sent the parts (a new console, computer board, and motor) free of charge, I just had to pay a nominal fee for shipping. This is for a 12 year old treadmill. I'm very satisfied with their customer service.

Quote Reply
Re: Landice or True treadmill [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s not. It’s bare basic up and down arrows for speed and incline and start and stop.

When I push the up and down arrow buttons and it responds fairly quickly.

I have no problem with Intervals.
Quote Reply
Re: Landice or True treadmill [Petrarch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Petrarch wrote:
funnylookingkid wrote:
I've read the F80/85 posts...

What was your takeaway from those posts?

I'd also like to know what your takeaway was.
Quote Reply
Re: Landice or True treadmill [tristorm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tristorm wrote:
I have had an L7 for 12 years which gets a fair amount of use. Never had any maintenance done to it until 6 months ago when the console buttons started acting up. The repairman came and also said the motor bearing(?) was wearing out. He said for any make other than Landice he wouldn't recommend fixing the treadmill since the rest of the components would also wear out. He contacted Landice.

Landice sent the parts (a new console, computer board, and motor) free of charge, I just had to pay a nominal fee for shipping. This is for a 12 year old treadmill. I'm very satisfied with their customer service.

This. I also have a L7 for over 10 years and it is still crushing it.
Mark
Quote Reply

Prev Next