Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lance goes forward...
Quote | Reply
Armstrong will be using the race to test out a new bike and a new position, which he has been developing in the Seattle wind tunnel. "It's a more aerodynamic position, lower and more forward," added Bruyneel. "The best test is racing and there are not many time trials this year where we can do these tests. The objective is not to win now, but to try out new things."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...004/feb04/feb12news2

did Lance get FISTed?
Quote Reply
Re: Lance goes forward... [madisonbucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is confusing. I hear the words "lower and more forward" in reference to a new bike from Trek? Maybe, just maybe, they have been spying on this forum and will finally get the tri-bike figured out.

err, I'm editing my post since I just read the post right below it subsequent to posting . . .
Last edited by: JeffJ: Feb 12, 04 9:32
Quote Reply
Re: Lance goes forward... [JeffJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I hear the words "lower and more forward" in reference to a new bike from Trek?"

top secret bike project, so i've heard. over the last 4 months steve hed has been with the team at the seattle wind tunnel (twice i think) and in austin in december and, 2 weeks ago, in solvang. the bike, the parts, the position, etc.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Lance goes forward... [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman,

It seemed to me that LA's bike seat was already as forward as allowed on his TT bike. How can he get "more forward"?

Sitting more on the tip, I guess...?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...come on, Dan. Tell us all you know...please!!! Materials....angles....etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
VERY Interesting that it is Steve HED working with Lance on all this stuff, and not John Cobb!!! I think I remember awhile ago that John and Steve had a falling out, so is this affecting who does Lance aero stuff??? And since it was Cobb who worked on the TT bike with Trek, is this gonna be a HED bike with Trek stickers?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just ask Gerard to send Lance a 54 cm P3 with Trek decals on it and get the experiment over with. Lance can ride it anywhere between 74 and 83 degrees (likely closer to 75 or 76 given UCI regs) just like Tyler Hamilton and Jalabert did for the 2002 TdF (i.e. Look decal'd P3's).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"...come on, Dan. Tell us all you know...please!!! Materials....angles....etc."

no way man. first, there's not much i know, because others are sworn to secrecy. second, whatever i know i'm sworn to secrecy.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Regardless of what Dan does and does not know, I guess he won't be riding his "steeper and more forward bike" on the uphill TT from Bourg l'Oisan to Alpe d'Huez :-). I bet he'll save weight again by having downtube shifting for his chainrings. Maybe Ullrich will just grind up in the big ring :-).
Quote Reply