Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lance and TT bikes?
Quote | Reply
Anyone ever hear how often Lance rides his TT bike? I'm sure he rides the TT not at all in the offseason and then maybe only occassionally (1 x weekly) when it gets near the Tour---but anyone know for certain?

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: Lance and TT bikes? [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lance reportedly rides his TT bike at least weekly. If you check out Postal training camp photos on the net, you can see him riding a TT rig in many of them. Specificity of training. He trains in his TT position so he can perform in it, and not lose his adaptation to it. Most of the Euro guys don't do this, and they instead ride TT positions that are as close to their road position as practicable.

It's interesting to note that this really relates to another ongoing thread regarding bike fit when you use several bikes.

One of the bet things I ever did for my TT riding was to decide to leave my TT rig set up on my trainer. When I do turbo work, I do it on my TT bike, so I stay used to it, even though I do the vast majority of my miles on a road bike. This made a HUGE difference in my times.

MH

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Lance and TT bikes? [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am reading a book written by Carmichael, Lance Armstrong's coach, In the book it said that lance rides about 2000 miles per year training on his TT bike?????
Quote Reply
Re: Lance and TT bikes? [Stewart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's probably right - a couple hours a week or so. The TTs he rides are not that long. Individuals are less than 50K, and the teams are less than 70K.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance and TT bikes? [fredly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
One of the bet things I ever did for my TT riding was to decide to leave my TT rig set up on my trainer. When I do turbo work, I do it on my TT bike, so I stay used to it, even though I do the vast majority of my miles on a road bike. This made a HUGE difference in my times.
I do the same. It works for me.

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply
Re: Lance and TT bikes? [GT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:

Quote:
I do the same. It works for me.

----------------------------------------------

me, too.
Quote Reply