Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lance and France
Quote | Reply
Q: What do you think about France?

"Unfortunately, there is a misunderstanding between France and the US, and this is due to a political problem. But, those who come for sport and tourism shouldn't worry about this. I would like that there is good relations between our two countries. The Tour de France made me and I will not forget it. If I was asked 'what is your favorite country' outside of the US and Texas, I would say France. I truly believe it. It is a country that has a lot to bring. A lot of beauty, a lot of intelligence. I have good relations with many people here, even if it is not obvious. I have learned to love the country and its culture"

http://www.lequipe.fr/...40721_195027Dev.html

(sorry for the quick 'word for word translation'...)

Que pensez-vous de la France?
«Malheureusement, je crois qu'il y a un malentendu actuellement entre la France et les Etats-Unis, c'est dû à un problème politique. Mais, pour ceux qui viennent pour le sport, pour le tourisme, on ne devrait pas s'occuper de cela. J'aimerais qu'il y ait de bonnes relations entre nos deux pays. C'est le Tour de France qui m'a fait et je ne l'oublie pas. Si on me pose la question de savoir quel est mon pays préféré, en dehors des Etats-Unis, du Texas surtout, je réponds que c'est la France. Je le pense vraiment. C'est un pays qui a beaucoup de choses à apporter, beaucoup de beauté, beaucoup d'intelligence. J'ai des bonnes relations avec pas mal de monde ici, même si cela ne se voit pas. En tout cas, j'ai appris à aimer l'endroit et la culture.»
Last edited by: Francois: Jul 21, 04 16:32
Quote Reply
Re: Lance and France [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He forgot to mention the wine.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: Lance and France [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is Texas a country? I heard they had a crack Air National Guard unit but I didn't know they made nation status.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Re: Lance and France [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, Lance is a real Texan is all I can say... ;-)
Quote Reply