Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Lance...
Quote | Reply
Pretty safe to say the guy is arrogant, self-centered...whatever. I don’t know him at all.

But every time he is discussed on this forum...there are so many who love to pull out their soap box and make their holier than now declarations...

It’s been proven that most if not all the teams were doping...so he did it better than others?

In all seriousness...after winnning a couple tours...what was he going to do? Wake up one day and say yes...I’m doping??? Yes...he tore people up along the way...was louder than most with his denials...but he was stuck in a horrible lie...and bad decisions led to more bad decisions. I’ve made a few of my own...I just wasn’t asked about it 40 times a day from global media...and I’m glad about that. I probably would have done some stupid shit.

I love all the know-it-all’s...they always have ALL the answers...

Flame Away...
Quote Reply
Re: Lance... [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
U2s undisputed WORST album.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance... [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:

Something we can all agree on!
Quote Reply
Re: Lance... [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:

Seriously, we need Tygart to issue a Reasoned Decision and wipe out all U2 since about 1990.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance... [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be fair, she did wear lemon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And why not call out all those who memorialise Tommy Simpson while we're at it? Perhaps we have to wait for Lance to die before we can build a shrine and worship at his grave.
"Tommy Simpson rode to his death in the Tour de France so doped that he did not know he had reached the limit of his endurance."
  1. "Drugs killed Tour cyclist". The Age. Melbourne: David Syme. 1 August 1967. p. 24.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Last edited by: PhilipShambrook: Aug 10, 18 2:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
nickwhite wrote:

Seriously, we need Tygart to issue a Reasoned Decision and wipe out all U2 since about 1990.
That eliminates Achtung Baby which has some decent stuff on it. Maybe everything after 1991 for deletion?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't he get outbid on the Brady Bunch house?
Quote Reply
Re: Lance... [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PhilipShambrook wrote:
And why not call out all those who memorialise Tommy Simpson while we're at it? Perhaps we have to wait for Lance to die before we can build a shrine and worship at his grave.
"Tommy Simpson rode to his death in the Tour de France so doped that he did not know he had reached the limit of his endurance."
  1. "Drugs killed Tour cyclist". The Age. Melbourne: David Syme. 1 August 1967. p. 24.

Generally you have to wait for someone to die before you visit their grave. I am sure Lance is subject to some injustices but I'm not sure this is one of them and I'm not sure how to rectify it even if it is.

It seems to me that you can have sympathy for someone who died early even while they contributed directly to that. It is still tragic and you can spare them a thought, especially if you are cycling past the location of the tragedy. That seems a human reaction to me. That doesn't excuse Tommy Simpson from doping or make him a saint. But in some ways you could have more sympathy for someone who suffered through their flaws. In the end it's a sad story and it doesn't have a lot to do with Lance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure my daughter just bought a rabbit without asking me.

Might get a beer

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance... [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ron_Burgundy wrote:
nickwhite wrote:

well i don't know about all that.

i really like achtung baby and have a continuing soft spot for zooropa; i think it's underrated, actually. now 'pop,' that was a piece of crap.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Lance... [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
Ron_Burgundy wrote:
nickwhite wrote:

well i don't know about all that.

i really like achtung baby and have a continuing soft spot for zooropa; i think it's underrated, actually. now 'pop,' that was a piece of crap.

How about the one they gave out FREE to anyone with an iPhone, who then had to jump through hoops to delete it

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Lance... [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2010 wants its thread back!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i hated Lance at the time he was winning the tour. i thought it was so obvious that he was doping and all that bull on weight loss and cadence made no sense. All those enablers - including Phil, Paul, Bobke who never mentioned it, but surely must have known just made me hate him more. There were others who doped who i actually had some sympathy for - seemed to be caught in a situation where the only thing in life they were good at needed them to use drugs to compete ......not logical, but it was what it was.
i also am cursed by knowing enough about drugs to realize that having everyone doped to the eyeballs may be a level playing field but it isn't the same level playing field as existed without drug use.

But it is a long time ago. He won me over a bit by showing up for the Amy Marsh bike ride. He is knowledgeable and communicates well on cycling.Still not a fan, but its time for us all to move on and watch a podcast if you think the subject is interesting and even buy Nike or Trek if they are right for you
Quote Reply
Re: Lance... [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PhilipShambrook wrote:

Lol, I do call them out. It's a BS double standard.

One enduring aspect of the whole thing was that I felt like the rest of Europe and cycling couldn't stand having a dominant American team. However eff'd up they all were, the rest were eff'd up too.

I bet a lot of Europe feels that way about Sky right now too. Tired of some British team winning all the time.

Let's be clear, nobody wants to build Lance a shrine. Most of us just think that enough has been enough in terms of maltreatment after the fact. The best thing you can do instead of heaping on the abuse is to totally ignore the guy altogether. Don't listen, read, comment. Don't give it a theater.

It's very similar to how people simply can't ignore Rachel Dolezal, the white lady who identifies as black.

It's some kind of sick fascination with needing to put people in their place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We could just stop talking about someone who should have faded away. I bet he'd receive less hate if that happened.

I think the dude is a poor excuse for a human being...but perhaps we should be beating up the people whom keep him relevant like yourself?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Last edited by: TheStroBro: Aug 10, 18 7:17
Quote Reply
Re: Lance... [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he is GOAT and I wish he was my dad.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance... [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
We could just stop talking about someone who should have faded away. I bet he'd receive less hate if that happened.

I think the dude is a poor excuse for a human being...but perhaps we should be beating up the people whom keep him relevant like yourself?

Whatever Dude...I have absolutely zero skin in this...absolutely nothing to do with keeping anyone relevant...like I said...flame away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zooropa wrote:
Whatever Dude...I have absolutely zero skin in this..

BS. It's your handle name. You can't hide from this. Own it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
zooropa wrote:
Whatever Dude...I have absolutely zero skin in this..

BS. It's your handle name. You can't hide from this. Own it.

Uh huh... good one.

Not hiding from the fact that too many people get their butt hurt online...and it’s so transparent most have no common sense, or reasoned thoughts...they just want to pile on and repeat others talking points...which was my point. So thanks for contributing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are two ways he could have NOT been caught

If he was French

OR

He wasn’t such an ahole to so many people

I think he regrets being such a jerk to important people.

I don’t think he regrets doing the drugs
Quote Reply
Re: Lance... [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RBR wrote:
There are two ways he could have NOT been caught

If he was French

OR

He wasn’t such an ahole to so many people

I think he regrets being such a jerk to important people.

I don’t think he regrets doing the drugs

Agree 100%
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It had/has nearly zero to do w/ the doping itself ~ as has been pointed out, Merckx, Indurain, et al were all doped up too. Merckx was before my time, but Indurain at least was known as a good sport and well-liked/respected, so nobody felt the need to expose/ruin him and he went away quietly into retirement with his dignity mostly intact. LA, by contrast, pretty much showed any/everyone the middle finger and all but dared them to take a shot at him... Guess what, people kinda (strongly) dislike being treated like that, so they've been more than happy to take him up on his 'challenge'; nobody is forcing him to keep putting his face in the spotlight, but he obviously craves the attention and all the scrutiny that goes with it.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance... [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
It had/has nearly zero to do w/ the doping itself ~ as has been pointed out, Merckx, Indurain, et al were all doped up too. Merckx was before my time, but Indurain at least was known as a good sport and well-liked/respected, so nobody felt the need to expose/ruin him and he went away quietly into retirement with his dignity mostly intact. LA, by contrast, pretty much showed any/everyone the middle finger and all but dared them to take a shot at him... Guess what, people kinda (strongly) dislike being treated like that, so they've been more than happy to take him up on his 'challenge'; nobody is forcing him to keep putting his face in the spotlight, but he obviously craves the attention and all the scrutiny that goes with it.

Thank you for the thoughtful reply...I can respect that, and I really can’t disagree with anything you said.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone here believe in truly clean sport at the tier professionals in any sport ?! I dont ....
Quote Reply

Prev Next