Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lance's team
Quote | Reply
for 2010 may be happening sooner than expected...
http://www.lequipe.fr/...-reste-confiant.html

Looks like Astana hasn't paid all its riders and has been warned by the UCI...I like the sentence

"If Astana leaves we will find a sponsor, or someone to sponsor the team"

In the same article, he has reiterated his desire to have his own team.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance's team [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, not surprising that Astana does not have the same incentives to pay for the team without Vinokourov in the mix.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance's team [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a repost. But I will weigh in again and say that it would make me sooooo happy to see a Mellow Johnny's team riding in the Tour. I cannot think of a more obnoxious way to excite the Euro cyclists. The result would bring more attention to the sport of cycling and enhance Lance's already impressive momentum in raising cancer awareness.

I am sure that the cycling feds will attempt to prevent a team from going to Lance.

Astana never sounded like it had a soul to me. Maybe a Mellow (or Trek or Livestrong Foundation or Bristol Myers, etc.) team wouldn't sound good either. But I think it is a step in the right direction to put a team with Lance. He has the ability and understanding and commitment to get a team going and to keep it going for the foreseeable future. And that is good for everyone involved.
Quote Reply