Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Lance, Alberto and dick moves...
Quote | Reply
Let's face it...without the 'dick move' there is nothing to watch in the Tour so far...Thank you Alberto for the 'dick move' and thank you Lance for talking to the media, and saying you aren't happy...Even if it's not true, at least we get something to talk about.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance, Alberto and dick moves... [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you hear about some guys running across the Sahara?
Quote Reply
Re: Lance, Alberto and dick moves... [ATX TRIHEAD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damn spoilers...

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If Lance did have a "dick move" would it tend to move in the direction of the missing ball? Sort of fill a void?

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Lance, Alberto and dick moves... [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I know...if you are not running sub 7's with a pack on it is considered "walking"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it was more like 11min/miles

In Reply To:
Yeah I know...if you are not running sub 7's with a pack on it is considered "walking"

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My bad...I really wish I could have run 11's at Desert RATS. Maybe next year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing to watch? Totally (but respectfully) disagree:
  • One word: Cavendish.
  • Team time trial: Ever see the chariot race scene in "Ben Hur"? It was gladiatorial combat.
  • Thor Hushovd: Old and age and expereince trump youth and speed for the green jersey.
  • Another word: E-c-h-e-l-o-n. Some spectacular riding along the coast two stages ago.
  • And finally- no dope. Yet. It's like waiting for the other shoe to drop.

You think there is no drama? No excitment? What should they do, shoot at the riders?

I think it has been an incredible tour and it is barely a week old.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lance, Alberto and dick moves... [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you noticed they went through the Pyrenees...did you see anything there? Nope...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
  • And finally- no dope. Yet. It's like waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha........

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
My bad...I really wish I could have run 11's at Desert RATS. Maybe next year.

do you need an htfu bracelet?

(note, all of the above are in good humor, and I don't even know what desert rats is)

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL No worries, I don't take this shit very seriously...I just like picking on the little french guy...

Here is a short video of Desert RATS...I am still way to excited to have done the race

http://natgeoadventuretv.com.au/...Post.aspx?PostId=516
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i still think Cavendish won't finish...he is wicked fast but hearing the guy give an interview makes me laugh

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the whole reason for this year's course is to keep interest until the end of the Tour instead of already knowign who will win by the first rest day.

Speaking of Contador's move, if Lance had been the one doing that move instead, would he have been given so much grief?

Wouldn't Merckx or Hinault have tried to put in a little extra time if given the opportunity? I don't think they were called Cannibal and Badger for nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm bemused by how the profanities proliferate in the discussion of the Tour like no where else on the ST tri forum. Is "dick move" a common term among competitive road cycling enthusiasts?
Quote Reply
Re: Lance, Alberto and dick moves... [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm bemused by how the profanities proliferate in the discussion of the Tour like no where else on the ST tri forum. Is "dick move" a common term among competitive road cycling enthusiasts?
Yes. Heard it for years and years. A "Dick Move" for instance could be forcing someones wheel over a rain grate, into a pot hole or what ever is needed to gain an advanage. "Traffic Aided Breaks" would be another, and also trying to break when the peloton is stuck behind a crash.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Let's face it...without the 'dick move' there is nothing to watch in the Tour so far...Thank you Alberto for the 'dick move' and thank you Lance for talking to the media, and saying you aren't happy...Even if it's not true, at least we get something to talk about.

That's true if your only interest is in the fight for the win...but I've enjoyed watching each stage on it's own merits. It's fun to see the breakaways, see how long they last, when will the pack pull them in...the final sprint.

The stuff that you are wanting to see will happen in earnest starting in the next couple of stages.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance, Alberto and dick moves... [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Wouldn't Merckx or Hinault have tried to put in a little extra time if given the opportunity? I don't think they were called Cannibal and Badger for nothing.

Hinault even went for and won the last stage of the TdF on the Champs-Elysees (with the Yellow secured and a handful of stages in the bag). This stage is supposedly sprinter's guarded territory: talk about "dick move". ;-)

---
First with the head, then with the heart. -- HG
Quote Reply
Re: Lance, Alberto and dick moves... [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In true 'giving back to Caesar what belong to Caesar' style, I'm just using the now trademark term invented by our very own therascal, the only real connoisseur of cycling on this forum :)
Quote Reply
Re: Lance, Alberto and dick moves... [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't that bike racing? Everytime I've been caught behind a crash, I never considered it a "dick move" for the guys in front of the crash to drop the hammer.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance, Alberto and dick moves... [Trieatalot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Isn't that bike racing? Everytime I've been caught behind a crash, I never considered it a "dick move" for the guys in front of the crash to drop the hammer.

Thats one of the worst moves in cycling. You do that, and your going to hear it from the other pro cyclists. I think thats the bigger difference in amat. and pro's. You never attack on a crash.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For whatever reason they stuck the damn mt stages in the middle which took away any real attacks but the finishes have been exciting.

'STICK EM UP PUNK ITS THE FUN LOVING CRIMINAL'
Quote Reply
Re: Lance, Alberto and dick moves... [Trieatalot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Rules have even been made to prevent this. You are already stuck....why go balls out (depending on the distance from the finish)...thus, the same time rules when there is a crash in the final - recently changed from 1 to 3 if I am not mistaken.

Quote Reply

Prev Next