Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lancaster - Ephrata PA training
Quote | Reply
Hey all, will be in Ephrata/Lancaster for a few days soon and curious if there is a pool people can recommend or any "must do" ride or run loops. Thanks!

S

Banger
Quote Reply
Re: Lancaster - Ephrata PA training [banger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For the riding and running, there are a lot of farm roads with low traffic around the area - one of the best places Ive ever been to just go ride. If you are looking for a loop, there is a nice route that they do a local triathlon on called the "Got the Nerve" race - its a 16 mile loop that can be incorporated into a loop from Ephrata.

As for swimming, there are a few rec centers with pools (Ephrata, Lititz, Hempfield) and you can get a day pass to those. If you really want a good swim workout however, I would hit up Andrew Yoder. He is a local pro that has started up a really great training group called yoder performance. He holds swims M,W,F at the Franklin and Marshall college pool. It is a VERY nice, indoor, long course pool. Andrew has a good group of triathletes that will swim in these sessions and the ability runs from fairly novice swimmers all the way up to collegiate level swimmers that can still go under a minute for 100 meters. Andrews workouts are fair but they will challenge you - absolutely worth checking out.

Andrews website is listed below - I know he would gladly take you on for a few sessions if you hit him up.

https://www.yoderperformance.com/

Let me know if you have other questions.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We will be meeting for a 10 mile run on the rail trail Saturday around 11:30 or noon. It's just outside Columbia Lancaster County right along the river.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aw man, there is a great ride there. the Pain Mountain Time Trial. it's been used for a while.

I have an old screen shot but i'll have to look online for the routing. there is a go-pro vid on Youtube too.

Last edited by: dsmallwood: Jun 6, 18 18:59
Quote Reply
Re: Lancaster - Ephrata PA training [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!!

Banger
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you're welcome. and thanks to the internet, I found the cue sheet.

Pain Mt. TT Course

Start on Sportsman Rd. near Hickory Rd.
turn left onto S. Peartown Rd.

Turn left onto Rt. 897.
Turn right onto Forest Rd.

Continue straight onto Cocalico Rd.
Finish is at top of climb across from State Gameland parking area.

1279 Feet of climbing in 7.87 Miles.
Total elevation gain of almost 800
feet. Most in the last two miles!
12 % average grade in last mile with pitches of 17%.

Quote Reply
Re: Lancaster - Ephrata PA training [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did that race a few time, man that sure did hurt :)
I wish they brought it back.

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Back in the area after 10 years, does anyone have any maps for the old Lancaster YMCA triathlon/duathlon at Speedwell?
Quote Reply
Re: Lancaster - Ephrata PA training [aquaman1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny this thread should pop up now, as I'm reading Running With Sherman by Christopher McDougall. I'm learning a lot about donkeys & goats, and things about Lancaster County that I never noticed/knew before

Bart Yasso ["All Runners are Liars"] wrote a decent piece about Amish runners a few years ago

https://www.runnersworld.com/...he-amish-bart-yasso/

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Lancaster - Ephrata PA training [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone who’s raced one of Butterworth’s circuit races in /around Lancaster knows: there will be (horse) poop.

no sponsors | no races | nothing to see here
Last edited by: philly1x: Feb 23, 23 14:53
Quote Reply
Re: Lancaster - Ephrata PA training [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a reason that if you did the two 1/2 marathons you got the "Road Apple award" https://gsv.run/road-apple-award/
Quote Reply
Re: Lancaster - Ephrata PA training [aquaman1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look up the got the nerve tri course near mt gretna. Nicer roads and course.
Quote Reply