Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lake San Antonio Triathlon, May 5th
Quote | Reply
The "Lake San Antonio Triathlon" will be held on the same weekend that WF canceled. May 4th is packet pickup, May 5th is the race date for all events. We have placed everything at Lynch since the water level is good. We'll have a Long Course, Oly, Sprint, Parent/Child Tri, Aquabike, Duathlon, 5K and 10K run. Prime camping is in the Lynch area, so no hiking up the hill if you register for camping early. All courses will be on existing WF courses at Lynch, except the Long Tri (they'll do 2 laps of the Olympic bike course (50 miles) and 4 laps for the 12.4 mile run).

Please visit: http://www.lakesanantoniotriathlon.com for course maps, register, details, etc.

Sorry, we have booked all the remaining cabins.
Last edited by: jerrettmc: Mar 4, 19 14:27
Quote Reply
Re: Lake San Antonio Triathlon, May 5th [jerrettmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi — Thanks for the info. Sounds like you’re involved in putting on the replacement event.

I’ve looked at the website and been unable to figure out who exactly is putting on the Lake San Antonio Triathlon on May 5th, 2019.

So please, could you tell us:

Who is the race director and what races he/she has put on before this?
What is the name of the corporation putting on the race?
Is this a one-year-old thing or do you have a multi-year commitment?
Can you post a link to your contract with the county that gives permission for this event and spells out the terms?

Thanks in advance,

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Quote Reply
Re: Lake San Antonio Triathlon, May 5th [SharonMcN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Sharon, I'm am the RD for this event. I am also the RD for the Goleta Beach Triathlon for the past 9 years. Our event, the Lake San Antonio Triathlon, is a response to the WF cancellation... we just want to race. We are a much smaller group than WF. We hope they return next year. We are USAT Sanctioned and have an agreement worked out with Monterey County. No, we will not post that information. Please let us know if you have any further questions. Best, Jerrett McFarland RD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much for the added information, I know that will help people who are on the fence about participation make up their minds.

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sharon, the Goleta Beach event has been wonderful the last eight years I have done it. Just because they are putting it on I'm in for the race. Superb event in Goleta year in and year out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Sharon, I live in Los Angeles and have also done the Goleta Beach triathlon several times and can 100% vouch for these guys. They are wonderful folks and put on a great local race every year! You can check out their Facebook page to see their process in deciding to put on the race at Lake San Antonio. They know what they're doing and this should be a super fun event.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you, Sharon. This event will be fun... how can it not with such a big playground. Also thanks to the folks that responded to this thread with kind words. Jerrett
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Five of us (many who have been doing WF since 1990) just signed up.
Looking forward to this event; thank you for saving the experience!

With the late rain it's going to be spectacular out there!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi there -

What is the surface on the run for the long course race (asphalt or trail)?

Thanks!

-------
Anders
Quote Reply
Re: Lake San Antonio Triathlon, May 5th [AMC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Anders!

Mostly asphalt (70%), 30% 4x4 trail.

Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so...?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Lake San Antonio Triathlon, May 5th [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I raced the long course. I thought the race promoters did an excellent job. There were LOTS of volunteers, plenty of aid stations, a well marked course, chip timing with quick results, etc. Unfortunately the field sizes were small. Someone quipped it felt like Wildflower 1982. Hopefully Wildflower is back next year, but if not, I would do this race again in a heartbeat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone quipped it felt like Wildflower 1982. Hopefully Wildflower is back next year, but if not, I would do this race again in a heartbeat.//

That someone should go to the Stairway of Champions and see when the race began. I can assure you, that 1982 had zero competitors. Now 1983, I believe we had maybe 90 in the long race? And it was cold, raining, and victory at sea for the swim. No wetsuits, no aero bars, full on road bikes, and marginal course marking..(-;

https://www.slowtwitch.com/...s_addition_2735.html

I'm glad that a bunch of folks were able to go out there and keep the streak alive, sorry I missed it actually..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We had a wonderful, safe, yet small event that seemed to work for most everyone. We THANK YOU, Slowman for allowing us to post on this forum to help get the word out. Just THANK YOU!

All the best,

Jerrett
Quote Reply